British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Health test in Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/health-test-abu-dhabi-570568/)

alexalexa Nov 1st 2008 2:03 pm

Health test in Abu Dhabi

Hi there,

my husband has to do his health test for the visa in AD. I heard one could also do it at a private clinic as opposed to the state clinic if you pay extra. We'd like to do it that way. You know where there is a private clinic doing the health test in AD?

busybee2 Nov 1st 2008 2:08 pm

Re: Health test in Abu Dhabi

if you mean the visa test, i have always done mine every time at al noor hosp, its quick and easy!

Chris79 Nov 1st 2008 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6930860)
if you mean the visa test, i have always done mine every time at al noor hosp, its quick and easy!

I did mine at The Central Hospital. Took 20mins and that includes queuing up and paying my 200AED!
I wouldn't pay extra to get it done privately :unsure:

busybee2 Nov 1st 2008 4:59 pm

central hospital is no more, its gone so that option is no good for you now.

Chris79 Nov 2nd 2008 5:39 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6931104)
central hospital is no more, its gone so that option is no good for you now.

I went there last week?!
My PRO told me it was called that but TBH I didn't see any signs. It was adjacent to Shaik Khalifa hospital.

commander Nov 2nd 2008 6:11 am

al noor clinic.

quick clean(ish) and not too smelly.

Beats the hell out of Jebel Ali clinic anyday

alexalexa Nov 2nd 2008 10:38 am

thank you guys. my husband went to al noor, he just called and said all was good there, so now i can recommend it too :)

busybee2 Nov 2nd 2008 11:44 am

central hospital is no more, they have pulled down the building, its all part of sheikh khalifa medical city, but the original buildings are all dust apart from the pyschiatry buildings, i think those are the only ones left standing.

Grace O Malley Nov 2nd 2008 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by alexalexa (Post 6932718)
thank you guys. my husband went to al noor, he just called and said all was good there, so now i can recommend it too :)

Did they do all the tests there?

Squirty Cream Nov 2nd 2008 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6932169)
I went there last week?!
My PRO told me it was called that but TBH I didn't see any signs. It was adjacent to Shaik Khalifa hospital.

It's the clinic next to Al Jazeera Hospital, which is on the corner of Karama and 11th street. If you are on 11th coming towards Karama Street from Airport road it's on the right before you get to Jazeera Hospital. You can get your tests for your visa.

Also, for females there is the Al Nahyan Clinic where you can have breast cancer screening as part of the national screening program.

alexalexa Nov 3rd 2008 7:18 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6932894)
Did they do all the tests there?

all the ones needed for the visa. he told me it was called al noor, but it was more a clinic than a hospital. he said they were very quick and efficient. off course it was not a luxury clinic :)

Grace O Malley Nov 3rd 2008 8:26 am

Originally Posted by alexalexa (Post 6934838)
all the ones needed for the visa. he told me it was called al noor, but it was more a clinic than a hospital. he said they were very quick and efficient. off course it was not a luxury clinic :)

Thanks