Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance Companies

Health Insurance Companies

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Katrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the rough
Default Health Insurance Companies

Does anyone know how much information you have to provide health insurance companies on medical claims?

The insurance company that I have health insurance through is demanding a complete breakdown of what is medically wrong with you. Does this not go against Patient Confidentiality?

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance Companies

Originally Posted by Katrinab View Post
Does anyone know how much information you have to provide health insurance companies on medical claims?

The insurance company that I have health insurance through is demanding a complete breakdown of what is medically wrong with you. Does this not go against Patient Confidentiality?

Thanks
lol doubt if they even know what that means, I recently had some tests done and they gave the results to someone other than me who was calling on my behalf to see if the results were through????
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:22 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
If you want them to pay up, they will not unreasonably require full details of what is wrong with you. So many people forget that these companies are run as businesses, not as charities. Too many people think it clever to try and make false claims, so they have become stricter in requiring information before settling even valid claims.

-
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Katrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the rough

I fully understand it is a business. But it’s ridiculous they requested a full description of one of my colleague’s consultations to the gynecologist even though the receipt states consultation and pap smear. How can that not explanatory enough!

Where is the line drawn? Are there no specific laws here to protect patients?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:22 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Are there no specific laws here to protect patients?
Sorry, Kat, you crack me up.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

I know I am clutching at straws but still a newbie here and stubborn as hell. I just have to remember where I am living I guess!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

I fully understand it is a business. But it’s ridiculous they requested a full description of one of my colleague’s consultations to the gynecologist even though the receipt states consultation and pap smear. How can that not explanatory enough!

Where is the line drawn? Are there no specific laws here to protect patients?
they're most probably trying to suss out if they can get away with not paying out..

Not everything is covered on some health plans...