Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Heads-up for DMC workers - car parking

Heads-up for DMC workers - car parking

Old May 22nd 2005, 10:56 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heads-up for DMC workers - car parking

Don't know how many people here work in DMC, but I've just been informed that TECOM have agreed with the Dubai police that on the day the new multi-storey car park opens (supposedly some time next month), TECOM will stop contesting parking tickets - which they've apparently been very successful at - and the police will stop turning a blind eye to the large amounts of illegal parking going on in DMC.

In the words of my informant, "On that day, the police are going to come down in force and make a load of money!"
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:12 am
W10

Default Re: Heads-up for DMC workers - car parking

Good - it's about time those coiffeured poncey media types started paying for stuff. They thinkg they can waltz into anywhere, jump the queue and get treated like a VIP. Just because you can wear a white shirt, have gay hair and buy jeans that clearly need a good wash, doesn't make you cool ok!

*****ers.

Last edited by W10; May 22nd 2005 at 11:15 am.

Old May 22nd 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

The new car park will be FREE.

True or False?
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:24 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Good - it's about time those coiffeured poncey media types started paying for stuff. They thinkg they can waltz into anywhere, jump the queue and get treated like a VIP. Just because you can wear a white shirt, have gay hair and buy jeans that clearly need a good wash, doesn't make you cool ok!

*****ers.
Was the edit to tone it down or add some more vitriol.....
I take it this one rubs a nerve...
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot to add Gucci Wrap-Around shades / unwashed hair!

So is this new car park free or what?

Originally Posted by W10

*****ers.
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:35 am
W10

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
You forgot to add Gucci Wrap-Around shades / unwashed hair!

So is this new car park free or what?
B*stards...oooh look at me, I got a fancy Nokia phone, wear old skool Adidas trainers and carry a manbag.

Old May 22nd 2005, 11:48 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
B*stards...oooh look at me, I got a fancy Nokia phone, wear old skool Adidas trainers and carry a manbag.
Indeed, either that or a DJ style record bag...which clearly has no vinyl inside..just an Ipod to listen to whilst pretending to be creative.

And why cant these oiks tuck their shirts in?

bloody mincers
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:50 am
W10

I bet most of them drive girl's cars like Pug 206 convertibles and not man's cars like the Toyota Echo for instance.

Old May 22nd 2005, 11:57 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I bet most of them drive girl's cars like Pug 206 convertibles and not man's cars like the Toyota Echo for instance.
I feel your plight W10,

I have to put up with the W@nkers in DIC, Typified by their chino's and polo shirts, mobile phone welded to their head (obviously on an important "power-meeting")

These guys are also recognisable by their choice of "ride"
1. Jeep Wrangler...which has never seen sand
2. Llumia SS......with obligatory window tint
3. Overpriced sports cars bought solely to lure gold diggers
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, but.. the main thing is..
Now that they are taking away parking -- what are they going to charge to use the car park? Are we going to get hosed or what?

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I feel your plight W10,

I have to put up with the W@nkers in DIC, Typified by their chino's and polo shirts, mobile phone welded to their head (obviously on an important "power-meeting")

These guys are also recognisable by their choice of "ride"
1. Jeep Wrangler...which has never seen sand
2. Llumia SS......with obligatory window tint
3. Overpriced sports cars bought solely to lure gold diggers
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:19 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Yeah, but.. the main thing is..
Now that they are taking away parking -- what are they going to charge to use the car park? Are we going to get hosed or what?
Apparently, the whole reason the multi-storey got built was that when the police originally complained to TECOM about all the illegal parking, TECOM then complained to the various DMC companies, who pointed out that there weren't enough legal parking spaces.

So theoretically, it's supposed to be an expansion of the existing free parking. It'll be interesting to see what happens if they do try and charge, though.
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:23 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
It'll be interesting to see what happens if they do try and charge, though.
Why do I have an image of a big, shiny, new (but empty) multi storey and DMC still having a parking problem....
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I predict that there will be no fewer than 50 new, black BMWs parked in there.
Each parked diagonally, to take up 3 spaces.

Whatever remaining spaces there are will be filled up with poorly-parked, shiny, red Peugeot convertibles.

The entrance will be blocked off by triple-parked, white LandCruisers.

And.. there will be a Ferrari in there somewhere, just cause.
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:43 pm
W10

Any man who drives a peugeot 206 convertible needs kneecapping.