Headhunted...

Old Oct 13th 2006, 3:52 pm
W10

Default Headhunted...

I got a call today from someone offering me a job in Kabul!!!

I'm actually quite tempted.

I hear it's blast
*Gets coat

Anyone else been offered bizarre jobs out of the blue.

Old Oct 13th 2006, 4:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Headhunted...

The missus got one of those come to S. Korea and be an English teacher offers out of the blue, weren't interested.

Also randomly the NSA had someone come down to interview her for a position, but nothing came of it when they found out she was dating johnny foreigner...this was before we got married, obviously
Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:24 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

I hear it's blast
*Gets coat

Strangely enough yes.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 4:55 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10

I hear it's blast
*Gets coat

One of the guys from Dubai Garden Centre recently started working there. Also got the job via a headhunter (So I was told)
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:21 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
One of the guys from Dubai Garden Centre recently started working there. Also got the job via a headhunter (So I was told)
Yes, strangely. Had a very good job and was called for a job in Iraq. I just said yes. After a longish story it turned out to be a spot on job at 3 x take home of a good uk job and here I am in Kuwait. Nothing to do with Iraq.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:31 am
Banned

The Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really niceThe Diabolical is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10

I hear it's blast
*Gets coat

I hope they know better than to try to move your Kabul country club while your there. Because you'll start crying again.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Diabolical
I hope they know better than to try to move your Kabul country club while your there. Because you'll start crying again.
grow up diabolical
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:30 am
W10

Originally Posted by The Diabolical
As a succesful businessman, you'd know better than to make such negative statements.

Now I'm afraid I won't be willing to give you a reference for the Kabul Golf Club and Towers resort.

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy swimming in the pool I had installed in my stretched Ferrari, and I had business to attend to (hmmm so many children to kidnap...a man's work is never done)

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:38 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10

I hear it's blast
*Gets coat

Dude, I dunno about you. But it sure sounds like an adventure. Seriously!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:41 am
W10

It was working for the DEA in Afghanistan.

I may be sleeping in the gutter but I do have some principals

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
It was working for the DEA in Afghanistan.

I may be sleeping in the gutter but I do have some principals
DEA and Afghanistan - a match made in a John Pilger write-up