Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Having a degree attestation headache

Having a degree attestation headache

Old May 15th 2009, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Littlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really nice
Default Having a degree attestation headache

Hi lovelies,

Sorry, I am a well of questions at the minute...hopefully when I have some experience living in Dubai I'll be able to answer questions in this forum too!!

I'm having a nightmare getting my degree certificates attested. I know it's 3 step but my troubles began today when I went to pick up my "notorized" cert from the solicitor. He didn't really understand what he had to do after I explained for the 5th time this week (I dropped it off on Tuesday) and said he would have to write to the Uni to get confirmation it is genuine etc etc but after much to-ing and fro-ing, he has arranged for me to pick them up (fully notarized!) this afternoon. Phew.

Well I had intended to make it to the FCO in Milton Keynes and the embassy on Monday (with the aim of getting it in the post to Dubai late Monday with my 10,000 passport photographs) but I'm having difficulty getting out of my interim job here in the UK until Tuesday as something has cropped up here in work. Def need to get it in the post on Mon though really. Is it possible that my Dad could take the degree certs to the FCO and then the embassy for attestation on my behalf insead? Or do I have to be there? I've tried calling the embassy (now closed) and the FCO are "experiencing high volumes of calls" so have asked me to call back later. Just thought I'd ask on here in case anyone knew...

Thanks very much
Caro x
Old May 15th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

highlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to all
Default Re: Having a degree attestation headache

you can do it by post but it wont be a same day service. there are also companies that will do it for you for a fee. Why such a rush, a day or two in the scheme of things wont make a difference.