Hatta Visa Run

Old Jan 19th 2016, 6:32 am
Just Joined

JamieWatkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hatta Visa Run

Hi There,

I am going a visa run today, does anyone know if the border is open?

Thank you.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Visa Run

As far as I understand it the border is open but you have to go a different route to ensure you miss the Oman section. They were recomending you just go to the Kalba crossing which is probably of a similar distance and a much more engaging drive through the mountains and the Wadi Maddiq tunnel.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:21 am
Just Joined

JamieWatkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply, what is the best location to put on GPS?
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Both are easy to find..... for Kalba take the Kalba road exit off the E611. For Hatta get on the E44 (Hatta Road and keep on going - then follow the directions at Dubai to Hatta Visa Run - ANOTHER UPDATE - Dubai Survival Guide)
Old Jan 19th 2016, 1:12 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Desert Diva for this low down on the UAE's land border crossings:

UAE-Oman Border Crossings: The Lowdown | The Desert Diva
Old Jan 20th 2016, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hnd
Thanks to Desert Diva for this low down on the UAE's land border crossings:

UAE-Oman Border Crossings: The Lowdown | The Desert Diva
That article is nearly a year old now and a lot has happened in the past 12 months. I wouldn't rely on it still being valid.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:05 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

DD has added an update about the closure of E44 through the Omani enclave and given details of the alternative route so, from my recent experience, I'd say it's pretty accurate.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hnd
DD has added an update about the closure of E44 through the Omani enclave and given details of the alternative route so, from my recent experience, I'd say it's pretty accurate.
Ahh OK, I didn't read it after I saw the publishing date.