Reload this Page >

Has this been asked before?? If so Sorry

Has this been asked before?? If so Sorry

Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

AndyMcphail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has this been asked before?? If so Sorry

Hi peeps

I've just joined the forum today. I'm Andy from the U.K and may be coming out to join you all in Dubai, but I have a few questions before I have the interview.

My salary package is being offered at:-

296,385.90 AED per year (£55k gbp)
subsidized housing & transport (not got exact figures yet)
subsidized school fees for my step daughter
medical
air fares

Looking property rental prices, I'm beginning to think I need to start negotiating a better deal.

Also my partner wants to work when we get there, what will we have to do so that she is allowed to work (not one for staying by the pool all day).

Again my apologies if there is a similar post, but I didn't come accross it.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has this been asked before?? If so Sorry

Originally Posted by AndyMcphail
Hi peeps

I've just joined the forum today. I'm Andy from the U.K and may be coming out to join you all in Dubai, but I have a few questions before I have the interview.

My salary package is being offered at:-

296,385.90 AED per year (£55k gbp)
subsidized housing & transport (not got exact figures yet)
subsidized school fees for my step daughter
medical
air fares

Looking property rental prices, I'm beginning to think I need to start negotiating a better deal.

Also my partner wants to work when we get there, what will we have to do so that she is allowed to work (not one for staying by the pool all day).

Again my apologies if there is a similar post, but I didn't come accross it.
I hope by partner you mean wife otherwise it will be a bit more difficult for you. Also hope you have checked what you need to do about getting your step-daughter in. Believed written permission from her father is required
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Good info by Insel...........

Would also add you should check just what "subsidised" really means. Get real numbers and relate them to actul accomodation and school costs.

Also check school admission availability!

Last edited by Jim Smith; Jan 16th 2009 at 4:38 am.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:51 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

yes...this all has been asked before...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

so just short of 300,000 dhs a year, not good considering rental of a 2 bed apartment is 140k per year and school fees will be in the region of 30 - 40k. As Ins says are you married? you need paperwork etc to be able to sponsor your partners daughter but it can be done.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Has this been asked before?? If so Sorry

WOW

what a quick response, thanks guys and ladies. Again sorry.

Ins, sorry I should have been more clear, we will be married by the time she comes over and my step daughter will be taking my surname.

I realise that I need more info on the "subsidized" housing etc....
Has anyone got figures they know of from toher companies offering this to new employees.

I've seen in your forums about massive redundancies, which job sector are they in or do they include the construction trade? The company also have a position in Qatar and Abudahbi, would I be better pitching myself for them instead??

Thanks for you help and info so far.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AndyMcphail
WOW

what a quick response, thanks guys and ladies. Again sorry.

Ins, sorry I should have been more clear, we will be married by the time she comes over and my step daughter will be taking my surname.

I realise that I need more info on the "subsidized" housing etc....
Has anyone got figures they know of from toher companies offering this to new employees.

I've seen in your forums about massive redundancies, which job sector are they in or do they include the construction trade? The company also have a position in Qatar and Abudahbi, would I be better pitching myself for them instead??

Thanks for you help and info so far.
If construction then I for one would certainly say better off in Abu Dhabi or Quatar but depends on the offer
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

if construction i wouldnt go for ad or dubai, but doha etc. ad is feeling the heat maybe not as much as doobye but its laying people off, and its not going to get better quickly.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

AD and Doha prob better.

Re yr step daughter, just check, as I cant remember if immigration will want her birth cert for her residency visa, just in case they spot different surnames.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

U will still need a letter from ure step daughters father giving you permission to bring her here ...stamped by the uk and uae embassy to sponsor her here
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lobby lou
U will still need a letter from ure step daughters father giving you permission to bring her here ...stamped by the uk and uae embassy to sponsor her here
If she has his surname, they will think she is his child, unless they ask for the birth cert?

I cant remember if i had to submit my sons birth cert on his first residency visa?

Any one know?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

we had to submit for visa and school ...................
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

when my Dad sponsored me (he is technically my step father), we had to produce birth certificate and the letter from the courts with my name change details (I have his name).
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
If she has his surname, they will think she is his child, unless they ask for the birth cert?

I cant remember if i had to submit my sons birth cert on his first residency visa?

Any one know?
You'd want the letter or a court order allowing it anyway, because you need the parents permission to take the child outside of the UK...if you don't and something goes sour later on, they can get you done for child abduction.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Once again thanks for all your advice.

I have spoken to the company this morning and got a little more from them (I think).

The wage has been upped to 325,000 pa inc a car. I have to sort out my accommodation which they will pay up front and deuct monthly from my salary. All medical is included.

The letter regarding my step daughter is not a problem, so that clears that one up.

What are the food prices like and utility costs, I know it depends on what you use, but a rough figure would be good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.