Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Haraj.com.sa to buy a car in Saudi?

Has anyone used Haraj.com.sa to buy a car in Saudi?

Old Feb 2nd 2019, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone used Haraj.com.sa to buy a car in Saudi?

So I'm looking for a used car in Riyadh. The usual channels (expatriates.com, compound boards and the Khueris Road market) are not working that well for me and I don't want to buy new. On expatriates.com there aren't that many cars posted and people are generally looking for unrealistic prices. The Khueris Road is even worse - tons of cars, but the sellers are asking for insane prices (like, 20% above the price for a current new car for a 2 year old rust bucket) and it's hard to figure out how it even works. Compound boards also seem unpopular these days. A seller yesterday told me about haraj.com.sa as apparently the most popular Arabic-only site for Saudi car sales. I took a look (using google translate) and the prices seem a bit reasonable (although you still need to negotiate I think) and there are a lot of cars being listed. So I'm tempted to give it a punt. Any advice / anyone else done this? How do final sale prices compare to the initial asking price? Am I going to get rinsed?

Last edited by FriendlyExpat; Feb 2nd 2019 at 5:21 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone used Haraj.com.sa to buy a car in Saudi?

I occasionally look on there, but generally find that the most accurate for finding a market price for buying a used car. Did also use it to sell a previous car. These are generally the lowest prices around as mainly , its the Saudi's who use this site, and they simply won't pay over the odds. As the cars are predominantly Saudi owned, go into this with eyes wide open. They will be generally cars that haven't been looked after/ serviced.

A few years back, I wanted an old school Suburban. The 2500 4x4 model, with 7.4l V8. Found one relatively easily on Haraj, but hard to find elsewhere. Guy probably did my by a couple of grand knowing I was an expat, so might be useful to take a local if youre going to view anything.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
I occasionally look on there, but generally find that the most accurate for finding a market price for buying a used car. Did also use it to sell a previous car. These are generally the lowest prices around as mainly , its the Saudi's who use this site, and they simply won't pay over the odds. As the cars are predominantly Saudi owned, go into this with eyes wide open. They will be generally cars that haven't been looked after/ serviced.

A few years back, I wanted an old school Suburban. The 2500 4x4 model, with 7.4l V8. Found one relatively easily on Haraj, but hard to find elsewhere. Guy probably did my by a couple of grand knowing I was an expat, so might be useful to take a local if youre going to view anything.
Thanks! That's helpful. I tried submitting a few bids on there, but it seems like the vast majority of sellers are either brokers, or people moonlighting as used car dealers. So not had any luck (yet). I'm considering the Dammam Road car auction next - slightly risky but potentially fun and apparently great value (as long as you're veeeeee-eeee-eery careful).
Old Feb 11th 2019, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

If you see a car on Haraj that you're really interested in, best to ring the number ( if available ) and arrange to go view it. But, as you're off down to the Auctions, the prices on Haraj will give you a good pointer as to your bidding range. Good luck.