Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Has anyone just started work with ADEC

Has anyone just started work with ADEC

Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

fixer382 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Has anyone just started work with ADEC

Hi, My wife has just been offered a primary school teaching job with ADEC to start work from this Sept in Al Ain.

We read quite a few old threads and they all seem to put you off!

I am looking to find a few people who have just started and or have been working as a primary school teacher fro ADEC or are going to start from Sept.

Is it as bad as some people make out? lots of unruly children, parents expect 100% pass marks even if the child is not doing well, management give you no support, you get blamed for everything, you can get sacked without notice, you may not get paid etc.

Please help!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:41 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone just started work with ADEC

Is it as bad as some people make out? lots of unruly children, parents expect 100% pass marks even if the child is not doing well, management give you no support, you get blamed for everything, you can get sacked without notice, you may not get paid etc.
from what I have heard, yes. but that is common in most schools in the GCC where there are GCC children.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone just started work with ADEC

Originally Posted by fixer382
Hi, My wife has just been offered a primary school teaching job with ADEC to start work from this Sept in Al Ain.

We read quite a few old threads and they all seem to put you off!

I am looking to find a few people who have just started and or have been working as a primary school teacher fro ADEC or are going to start from Sept.

Please help!!!!

Have a look on Daves ESL cafe website theres a forum were you will probably find some answers to your questions.

I taught in a private school in Abu Dhabi and teachers get very little support from the admin, we all go into teaching thinking we can make a difference, but after a while its a case of shutting up and taking the money.

I worked in a school that was taking millions a year in school fees, yet supplied pencils, erasers etc from my own pocket. I hope things have changed since 3 years ago.

Your last paragraph sort of sums up the school I was working at.