Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been to Salalah?

Has anyone been to Salalah?

Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:52 am
Just Joined

spring_chicken will become famous soon enoughspring_chicken will become famous soon enough
Question Has anyone been to Salalah?

Planning to go over the Eid holidays? Any recommnedations on what to do...besides vegetating in the hotel?

Moreover, is it worth going there?

Hubby wanted to go somewhere better, but bcos of the little one and the sorry state of our world, I prefer to to be closer to home ... a real chicken
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:54 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone been to Salalah?

Originally Posted by spring_chicken
Planning to go over the Eid holidays? Any recommnedations on what to do...besides vegetating in the hotel?

Hubby wanted to go somewhere better, but bcos of the little one and the sorry state of our world, I prefer to to be closer to home ... a real chicken
I was ther July 05, save the trip for the summer as its 10 degs cooler than the emirates due to the mosnoon winds.

Its green, totally diffferent to the UAE and theres enough to see to fill afew days hols.

I enjoyed it there!!

TS
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:56 am
Just Joined

spring_chicken will become famous soon enoughspring_chicken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I was ther July 05, save the trip for the summer as its 10 degs cooler than the emirates due to the mosnoon winds.

Its green, totally diffferent to the UAE and theres enough to see to fill afew days hols.

I enjoyed it there!!

TS

Thank you so much...I will definitely take your advice
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

I enjoyed it there!!

TS
Bless, I didn't know you could holiday in the future!!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:07 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=DubaiExpat]Bless, I didn't know you could holiday in the future!![/QUOT

I did not even notice that...

Am i a tubelight or what?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:07 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
U saucy cow.....

Its something unique to the emirates....they are infact so far behind the rest of the world that when u cross the national border u move ahead in time.

read 03 in place of 05.....................
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:48 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat

Ahh beat me to it, bother, mind you I wouldn't put anything past MT
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spring_chicken

Hi, just spent christmas and new year there....beach holiday. at the moment it is off season, so will be very quiet. peak season is in the summer as it gets the monsoon rains and the place is very lush and green. also the av. temp is about 28 degrees in summer...hence a popular destination for arabs.

it is very quiet there. its a very small place and once you have visited the souk (which sells mainly frankincense), there is not much else to do, other than hire a car and drive into the surrounding mountains etc.

if its a lazy beach holiday you want (which is what we were after) then it is fine.....if you are looking for lots to do, then probably not the best place, unless you get a car and do lots of driving.

let me know if you want any other specific info....

Martin
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MCA27
Hi, just spent christmas and new year there....beach holiday. at the moment it is off season, so will be very quiet. peak season is in the summer as it gets the monsoon rains and the place is very lush and green. also the av. temp is about 28 degrees in summer...hence a popular destination for arabs.

it is very quiet there. its a very small place and once you have visited the souk (which sells mainly frankincense), there is not much else to do, other than hire a car and drive into the surrounding mountains etc.

if its a lazy beach holiday you want (which is what we were after) then it is fine.....if you are looking for lots to do, then probably not the best place, unless you get a car and do lots of driving.

let me know if you want any other specific info....

Martin

Thanks for the info...I just want a quiet, peaceful time.

Seems ideal.