Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Harry Ramsdens in Qatar

Harry Ramsdens in Qatar

Old Dec 10th 2016, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry Ramsdens in Qatar

I'm guessing like everything else in Doha it wasn't quite as good as promised and vastly overpriced.

But let's see what he says.

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
So how was it?
Old Dec 11th 2016, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

It was decent fish & chips, and the portions were definitely very good - I didn't need to eat again for the rest of the day. More than you'd pay back home, but didn't seem over-priced for Doha at least. 400QR got us four meals, soft drinks, and a couple of sides, plus tip.

Don't sit outside though. There was a metric craptonne of flies around that place.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Big_Show
It was decent fish & chips, and the portions were definitely very good - I didn't need to eat again for the rest of the day. More than you'd pay back home, but didn't seem over-priced for Doha at least. 400QR got us four meals, soft drinks, and a couple of sides, plus tip.

Don't sit outside though. There was a metric craptonne of flies around that place.
Thanks, in that case I will try to pay a visit sometime and probably go for 'Harry's Challenge' meal [greedy bastard ]
Old Dec 21st 2016, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

Went to HR last week and....uuurgggghhh it was a big disappointment Fish (cod) was ok, obviously not fresh but just about edible. However chips were horrible. Just these charred, rock hard bits of potato...seemed like frozen variety but difficult to tell as they were so overcooked. We paid around QR250 for 2 regular cod & chips & drinks meals, an absolute rip off for what we got.

I'll stick to The Chippy far far better, not to mention cheaper. Only problem is there's just a couple of tables for eating in and you end up smelling of grease

Last edited by psychopomp1; Dec 21st 2016 at 6:22 am.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
Went to HR last week and....uuurgggghhh it was a big disappointment Fish (cod) was ok, obviously not fresh but just about edible. However chips were horrible. Just these charred, rock hard bits of potato...seemed like frozen variety but difficult to tell as they were so overcooked. We paid around QR250 for 2 regular cod & chips & drinks meals, an absolute rip off for what we got.

I'll stick to The Chippy far far better, not to mention cheaper. Only problem is there's just a couple of tables for eating in and you end up smelling of grease
It does seem to be a bit hit & miss from what I've heard from other people - a mate's been a couple of times and said everything was good the first time round, but the second time was nowhere as good.

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. Too much of a ballache to drive all the way over there again without guaranteed good scran at the end of it.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

tintriangle is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree re hit and miss. I'm close enough to get deliveries and it can be excellent but then next time when it's average we say never again until I pine for mushy peas and round we go again.
Chippy is generally good, again delivered so no comment re seating. The do reasonable pizzas too.