Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

hard rock - how to get there

hard rock - how to get there

Old May 9th 2007, 3:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default hard rock - how to get there

Now I know you are all going to think that I am mad but how do I get from Al Barsha - Jammy you know my place - to the Hard Rock. There is a new road and i can't get onto it. Otterlake has moved into a villa behind there. I went today and ended up on the Springs. Stop laughing ....
Old May 9th 2007, 3:32 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hard rock - how to get there

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Now I know you are all going to think that I am mad but how do I get from Al Barsha - Jammy you know my place - to the Hard Rock. There is a new road and i can't get onto it. Otterlake has moved into a villa behind there. I went today and ended up on the Springs. Stop laughing ....

BLONDE ALERT!!!!

Old May 9th 2007, 3:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
BLONDE ALERT!!!!

I aint joking, honestly!!! I can't figure out how to get onto the road that runs in front of Hard Rock - it is a new system, I had to drive straight past which took me to the springs, doubled back, ended up in Media City??
Old May 9th 2007, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I aint joking, honestly!!! I can't figure out how to get onto the road that runs in front of Hard Rock - it is a new system, I had to drive straight past which took me to the springs, doubled back, ended up in Media City??
Stop a taxi,tell him to run the meter and follow it...
I can't guide you each time you want to go to the little girls' room!!!
Old May 9th 2007, 7:15 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

If you're on the SZR coming from Dubai, filter off at the first slip road *after* the MoE. Keep going straight (if you take the left lane you'll go through the underpass that takes you towards the Greens, if you take the right lane you'll be heading towards Al Sufoh Road), and you'll be on the road running parallel to the main SZR. Go over the flyover and keep right (otherwise you'll end up either filtering back onto the SZR or going to the Springs again), and you'll end up at the HRC.

If you find yourself in Media City, you can easily get to the HRC by turning right at the HSBC building; you'll go past the main Internet City car park and then find yourself forced to turn right onto the road that runs past the front of the HRC.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:54 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the slip road that is by Wellington School? I thought the only options off this slip road were right to al sufouh road or left???????
Old May 10th 2007, 7:36 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Is this the slip road that is by Wellington School? I thought the only options off this slip road were right to al sufouh road or left???????
Are they? Maybe they are, in which case you could go right towards Al Sufouh and then do a U-turn back up to the SZR. In any event, you need to get onto the separated lanes running parallel with the SZR that start at that point.
Old May 10th 2007, 8:11 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by GarethR
Are they? Maybe they are, in which case you could go right towards Al Sufouh and then do a U-turn back up to the SZR. In any event, you need to get onto the separated lanes running parallel with the SZR that start at that point.
I am in Al Barsha, if you come out of the back of the Springs and head to MOE, you turn right left at the traffic lights and go over the flyover onto the SZR - signposted Abu Dhabi - it goes to Media City I stay in the far left as if you stay right it goes onto the SZR - I can see hard rock and the university on my right, then out of nowhere another sliproad - which I can't get onto runs right in front of the hard rock, there are two roads parallel to each other. and the one I am in goes onto the new interchange the one next to it goes to hard rock, I don't know where it comes from!!! the other way to get in which is much longer is to go onto al sufouh road and cut through media city to the university and pick it up there. Another problem is that I might be moving my lunches to Emirates golf club and there are no signs for it either, so confusing!!!!
Old May 10th 2007, 8:30 am
Soupy twist

- it goes to Media City I stay in the far left as if you stay right it goes onto the SZR
Don't you mean the other way around? I'm confused!

Assuming we're not talking at cross-purposes here, when you go over that flyover out the back of the Greens (signposted Jebel Ali/Abu Dhabi), you end up on the lanes that run parallel to the main SZR, but are actually physically divided from it - is that right?

You then end up going over another flyover that runs past the main SZR entrance to DIC. If you stay left on that flyover you end up merging back onto the main SZR, if you stay right you merge into a road that directs you either to the Springs (left) or the Marina/Al Sufouh (right).

There's definitely a road that runs to the right of that flyover, at ground level. That's the one you want! I've never really paid much attention, but maybe what you need to do is stay to the far right as you approach that newly-opened flyover by the main DIC entrance; if you find yourself going up and onto the flyover, then you'll have to do the loop back through Media City.
Old May 10th 2007, 9:04 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by GarethR
Don't you mean the other way around? I'm confused!

Assuming we're not talking at cross-purposes here, when you go over that flyover out the back of the Greens (signposted Jebel Ali/Abu Dhabi), you end up on the lanes that run parallel to the main SZR, but are actually physically divided from it - is that right?

You then end up going over another flyover that runs past the main SZR entrance to DIC. If you stay left on that flyover you end up merging back onto the main SZR, if you stay right you merge into a road that directs you either to the Springs (left) or the Marina/Al Sufouh (right).

There's definitely a road that runs to the right of that flyover, at ground level. That's the one you want! I've never really paid much attention, but maybe what you need to do is stay to the far right as you approach that newly-opened flyover by the main DIC entrance; if you find yourself going up and onto the flyover, then you'll have to do the loop back through Media City.

yes I got it wrong sorry! I will go over again later this afternoon and try it again. It appears that there is a slip road that comes out of media city to get people onto the SZR and that is the one that I need to be on to get to the villa, and I can't get on it from here - but will try again, if not I will hve to go right round al sufouh road and cut through media city. You can only access this compound from the front, as it is a one way system. the entry being right immediately after the park hotel
Old May 10th 2007, 9:49 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

yes I got it wrong sorry! I will go over again later this afternoon and try it again. It appears that there is a slip road that comes out of media city to get people onto the SZR and that is the one that I need to be on to get to the villa, and I can't get on it from here - but will try again, if not I will hve to go right round al sufouh road and cut through media city. You can only access this compound from the front, as it is a one way system. the entry being right immediately after the park hotel
You used to go past the turn for Greens/Springs/The Palm/Al Sufouh and then keep right, and just after the lanes to the right join the SZR (where there's a Burger King) there was another slip-road which went under the new fly-over being built. That took you along the front of the American Uni then along to HRC.

But I've been away from Dubai for 3 weeks, so it's probably all changed now. 3 times!
Old May 10th 2007, 10:24 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
You used to go past the turn for Greens/Springs/The Palm/Al Sufouh and then keep right, and just after the lanes to the right join the SZR (where there's a Burger King) there was another slip-road which went under the new fly-over being built. That took you along the front of the American Uni then along to HRC.

But I've been away from Dubai for 3 weeks, so it's probably all changed now. 3 times!
Yep, you're right...that turn off from SZR is now gone. It's a pain getting into DIC now.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:31 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Yep, you're right...that turn off from SZR is now gone. It's a pain getting into DIC now.
I knew it!
Old May 10th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

You could of course do the blood money run and just walk...jumping the crash barriers as you come across them........no?
Old May 10th 2007, 10:58 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure I will see you at some point whizzing up and down Al Sufouh Road!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.