Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Half Built Buildings

Half Built Buildings

Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Half Built Buildings

Originally Posted by Crash
I have to drive by the Dubai police HQ on my way home today anyway. Will they still take a complaint if I'm on a visit visa or do you have to be a resident to complain?
dunno...but I don't think I'd fancy trying my luck if I wanted to stay here

MM, xx
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
dunno...but I don't think I'd fancy trying my luck if I wanted to stay here

MM, xx
I was planning to tell them my name is LittleJimmy and that I'm leaving anyway
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:54 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I was planning to tell them my name is LittleJimmy and that I'm leaving anyway
Feel free, because I'm leaving as well!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Feel free, because I'm leaving as well!
Not trying to give you a hard time LJ, in fact, I like you. You are also the only person who has given me any karma (I finally figured out how that works, still not sure what the little stars are under the nickname but I have developed two). But you are right, the more I see here, the more skeptical I'm getting about the facade. But I can be happy anywhere, we have lived in Hanoi, Shanghai, and were okay there. Interviews are starting to roll in, so I am going to have to ask for lot of dinero to be okay here.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Not trying to give you a hard time LJ, in fact, I like you. You are also the only person who has given me any karma (I finally figured out how that works, still not sure what the little stars are under the nickname but I have developed two). But you are right, the more I see here, the more skeptical I'm getting about the facade. But I can be happy anywhere, we have lived in Hanoi, Shanghai, and were okay there. Interviews are starting to roll in, so I am going to have to ask for lot of dinero to be okay here.
yes a hell of a lot! good luck with the interviews.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:01 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The stars relate to the number of posts you've made. The sadder you are, the more you have.

I like you too. And U2. You seem okay - for a septic.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

The stars relate to the number of posts you've made. The sadder you are, the more you have.

I like you too. And U2. You seem okay - for a septic.
LJ, I can feel the love! Still optimistic, but will have to carefully consider a move here.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:55 pm
Excess Baggage

LJ, I can feel the love! Still optimistic, but will have to carefully consider a move here.
I would buy you a drink, but I'm going to Doha on Saturday.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would buy you a drink, but I'm going to Doha on Saturday.
Does it look like you may find something there? Talking about drinking, I asked my brother in law's driver where I could buy something to drink - he matter of factly told me to give him a list and he would bring it to me
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Does it look like you may find something there? Talking about drinking, I asked my brother in law's driver where I could buy something to drink - he matter of factly told me to give him a list and he would bring it to me
fantastic, can you give him my telephone number!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
fantastic, can you give him my telephone number!!!!
We'll see, I still have to test him, I'm going to have him bring me some vodka tomorrow. If he delivers, I will have to make a serious attempt to hire him away from my brother in law (assuming we move here!).
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:01 pm
Concierge

We'll see, I still have to test him, I'm going to have him bring me some vodka tomorrow. If he delivers, I will have to make a serious attempt to hire him away from my brother in law (assuming we move here!).
If he delivers I will see you tomorrow night!!!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:14 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to get too sceptical, you will find some people love Dubai, some hate it.

I take the view that if you hate the place, leave. But certainly give it a try, otherwise you'll never know!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Try not to get too sceptical, you will find some people love Dubai, some hate it.

I take the view that if you hate the place, leave. But certainly give it a try, otherwise you'll never know!
Thanks NL, difinitely getting the full picture by being here. This morning not liking it too much, literally eating sand on my way in!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I did ask him and he not only had it in "stock", but he had my favorite brand. I better hurry and get my liquor license so that I can drink it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.