Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hairdressers in Dubai for BLONDE HAIR?

Hairdressers in Dubai for BLONDE HAIR?

Old Aug 15th 2011, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hairdressers in Dubai for BLONDE HAIR?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
... a long defensive post...

I'm going to go out on a limb here... but what exactly is your cut in all of this?
Old Aug 15th 2011, 7:54 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon if Juan is soooo ammmmazingly wonderful, one person on BE is not going to 'destroy a business'
When I was googling for a hairdresser some time ago, I came across loads of very bad reports about him, so one more isn't going to do the trick.
I'd never go to him as I've seen the hair on some that do, and it's not what I'd aspire to walk around with, which means much more than words on an internet forum / website as you don't know who is behind those words.
It's a pity cause his salon is actually in my office building which would have been dead handy for me.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

BorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really nice

I just want to add my comments as I have been a customer of Juan's Salon for about 3 years now and find it fabulous.

I have had my hair dyed and/or highlighted on many occasions as well as cut and blow dried on even more occasions.

Juan is a man of few words but is and excellent hairdresser as I have also found all his team to be.

Yesterday my friend and I both went along and had the Ramadan package which is a great deal (cut, colour, highlights, hair treatment, manicure, pedicure and paraffin wax treatment all for 500aed). My friend is a blonde and I am brunette - were both delighted with the colour and cut, and our hair feels fantastic.

I will continue to recommend Juan and his salon on the experiences I have had there.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BorderTart
I just want to add my comments as I have been a customer of Juan's Salon for about 3 years now and find it fabulous.

I have had my hair dyed and/or highlighted on many occasions as well as cut and blow dried on even more occasions.

Juan is a man of few words but is and excellent hairdresser as I have also found all his team to be.

Yesterday my friend and I both went along and had the Ramadan package which is a great deal (cut, colour, highlights, hair treatment, manicure, pedicure and paraffin wax treatment all for 500aed). My friend is a blonde and I am brunette - were both delighted with the colour and cut, and our hair feels fantastic.

I will continue to recommend Juan and his salon on the experiences I have had there.
alreet Mrs Juan ?

nee idea why I'm on a hairdressing thread tbh, it's time to go home
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:52 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BorderTart

ah...here come the little helpers...sooo predictable.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I now trust noone with my hair after having it messed up at Toni and Guy so am contemplating flying my boys out to do it. I have heard so many mixed reviews on so many of the hairdressers here that I just cant bare to let anyone near me with bleach so instead I am purchasing some nice hats til I see my faithfuls! Luckily I am quite creative with my hair so can make it look ok up to a point also I work the scruffy look ok so I can get away with roots and I am from Essex so may as well embrace it!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

BorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sandboy
alreet Mrs Juan ?

nee idea why I'm on a hairdressing thread tbh, it's time to go home
Completely wrong.

I only post on here occassionally and if I feel strongly about things.

I think most women like their hair to look good, so hairdressers are a fairly importnat person in a woman's life. Having lived in Saudi and now for a second time here in Dubai it took me a while to find a decent hairdresser (I used to fly back to the UK on a regular basis so I could get a decent cut and colour) so now I have found one I trust I feel happier in myself.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

dubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I totally understand where you are coming from and understand your stress over your hair and the situation that has happened. However I don't think you understand how many years of sweat and pain have gone into that business to make it it the success it is. Juan employs many people who rely on him to support their families in their home countries. I for one would never recommend or use a salon that I didn't think was up to the mark. When I make a recommendation I make it from the heart and from many visits to an establishment.

I have never understood people who have the need to register on a forum they have never used before to basically try and destroy a business. There was an issue and they have done their best to try and resolve it with you. Repeatedly coming back and slating their good name is not doing anything to help anyone. Juan has literally 100's of satisfied clients and a successful business under his belt. He was born into hairdressing and if you had taken the time to check his background you would find his status is Jordan is extremely high.

Coming from a family of hairdressers, three successful businesses, all of which I have been involved in from a Managerial point of view would make me a good judge in the standard of hairdressing in any salon anywhere.

Physical abuse is a very strong word though, I would be careful how you use it.
You have made your views extremely clear. Obviously you do have DIRECT interest with that company so I need not respond to you any further. I did not destroy anything.... but yes my HAIR WAS... Please leave it at that.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:06 am
Banned

LaLa1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dubai Ja, I am sorry that somebody could be so blase about your hair. It sounds like you had a terrible experience. I really feel for you.

I am also looking for a Dubai hairdresser who is good with blonde hair. I had my highlights done at the Ken Paves Salon in LA and I love them. I would hate to have my beautiful highlights ruined. But my roots are beginning to show so I need them touched up.

So, does anybody have any other suggestions for good hairdressers? Thanks. I am off to work now, but will check back later.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 11:05 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I am closing this thread.

New members pulling up old threads and then a old member joining under another username to post in the same thread .... something smells fishy and it's not my feet.

Sue