Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hairdressers in Dubai for BLONDE HAIR?

Hairdressers in Dubai for BLONDE HAIR?

Old May 18th 2011, 4:17 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hairdressers in Dubai for BLONDE HAIR?

excuse me for being presumptuous
Old May 19th 2011, 1:48 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

I had my hair done at Juan's in JLT yesterday and its fab - really great cut and they did exactly what i wanted with the colour. Both the guys there were friendly and very welcoming. I was feeling crap and they cheered me up no end. Plus it cost the same as the hairdresser i used in Abu Dhabi that did it out of her own villa. I will be returning.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I had my hair done at Juan's in JLT yesterday and its fab - really great cut and they did exactly what i wanted with the colour. Both the guys there were friendly and very welcoming. I was feeling crap and they cheered me up no end. Plus it cost the same as the hairdresser i used in Abu Dhabi that did it out of her own villa. I will be returning.
thank you thank you thank you
Old May 20th 2011, 7:40 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
thank you thank you thank you
I'm just hoping I didn't give the guys man flu. I'll be really pissed off if the world does end tomorrow as I'm spending my last few days on earth in bed. Not shagging. Too much snot for that. At least my hair looks good.
Old May 20th 2011, 7:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I'm just hoping I didn't give the guys man flu. I'll be really pissed off if the world does end tomorrow as I'm spending my last few days on earth in bed. Not shagging. Too much snot for that. At least my hair looks good.
lol, Juan is a good friend of mine, spoke to him earlier he didn't sound snotty
Old May 21st 2011, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had my roots done- bleached and a toner put on- I had been putting it off so I could get it done by my boys back home but the roots had gotten so bad I looked well like im from essex! ( ok I am from Essex but dont need to look like I am) Anyway after several recommendations I went to Toni and Guy at the Grand Hyatt, 460 aed later (just for the colour and a blow dry I didnt have a cut) and Im relieved my hair hasnt fallen out however the colour isn't quite as nice as the boys who do mine at home. Wasn't as much fun either as would normally have a couple of bottles of wine with the boys and have a good gossip, although they give a nice head massage. Anyway I can stop wearing a hat for now
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just got into work and been told by two trusted colleagues that I need to go back and get another toner put on as bit of colour difference under harsh office lighting- foo king brilliant- now wearing a hat looks ok in daylight-she says sobbing!

Thats it when I go home im going darker!
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:13 am
Just Joined

dubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nice

Originally Posted by sydneyangel
Hi ,

Can anyone recommend a hairdresser in Dubai who is good at doing blonde hair???? Also any stylists ?

Thank you
For those who have recommended Juan Hair Salon in Icon Towers I just want to let you all know that I would stay well and truely far away.

I went there yesterday and asked specifically for the manager to do my hair. Instead a morrocon girl did it with out discussing anything with me. I wanted my roots touched up and highlights. I have a dark natural blond highlighted hair. She left the die on for well over an hour to an hour and a half...She didnt just do the roots but the whole length of my hair which is very long. When it came out really dark with brassy overtones I got up set and aksed to talk to the manager who then proceeded to abuse me and told me off for causing a scene in his salon.... I then waited for the highlights.... hoping it would be better as he said I should trust him. All up they died my hair for 4 hours...... and left it in way to long. The highlights came out with white strips that verge on white to grey bond. They then put a toner on top which did nothing exect to damage my hair even more. When they went to brush my hair it was just snapping off... and the guy told me that was NORMAL. I ended up in tears and left. I am going to another salong today to have it fixed... if that is possible without it snapping off.

The hair salon does not discuss anything with you and you are abused if you try to challenge what they are doing.

For the person who asked where are they from.... they are Arabic and the colourist was Morrocon... In all the years i have had my hair died it has never been left on for that long and I have never been abused and dictated to over my hair with no willingness to discuss or hear anything i wished to say.
What upset me the most was not the mistake but the way I was treated and told off for questioning what they were doing. I was so upset and still had to sit there all up for 4.5 hours!!!!! until I could get out of there.
Think twice before you go there.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:13 am
Concierge

I shall be following up this personally with Juan at the Salon, if you would care to DM your phone number it would be greatly appreciated. I along with many of my friends have used the Salon for many years with no complaints at all.

edited to add

Spoken with them this morning, it seems there was an issue yesterday and they apologise for that, however they are more than willing to re do it for you if you are still not happy, at no cost to you. I understand that you have been an existing customer which they don't want to lose. There isn't much more I can do to help other than this.

Last edited by Blue Cat; Aug 14th 2011 at 7:38 am.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 8:10 am
Just Joined

dubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nicedubai ja is just really nice

I just want to thank Salome from Zouari Hair Salon at The One and Only Royal Mirage Dubai, for colour correcting the disgusting mess that Juan Hair Salon did to my hair. Even though it had been thoroughly over coloured and damaged, she managed to even out the white patches and tone down the mousey / orange base colour so that it looks more blended in. We had to cut off quite a few inches because of the damage that Juan had caused but it looks much better. Any one looking for a quality hair salon who's staff are all professionally trained in Paris please try Salome. She also did an amazing cut and style and did everything her self, un like Juan who just gives out orders to his junior staff and objects to having colour his customers hair!!!. The bonus is that the salon is in the beautiful Royal Mirage, is beautifully decorated and is small and gives one to one consultation and treatment. They also have the time to discuss and explain exactly what they are doing so that you dont have to sit there feeling sit with stress. It was also so nice to be tenderly taken care off by Salome because I had been so upset by what happended the day before at Juan. Not to mention that I didn't have to leave in tears and be abused.
Thankyou once again Salome for such a professional service.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 8:26 am
Just Joined

I shall be following up this personally with Juan at the Salon, if you would care to DM your phone number it would be greatly appreciated. I along with many of my friends have used the Salon for many years with no complaints at all.

edited to add

Spoken with them this morning, it seems there was an issue yesterday and they apologise for that, however they are more than willing to re do it for you if you are still not happy, at no cost to you. I understand that you have been an existing customer which they don't want to lose. There isn't much more I can do to help other than this.
Thankyou for following that up for me. I really appreciate your concern. Unfortunately it is a little late for them to do anything now. If they had of listened to me when I complained half way through and tried to discuss what I wanted it would not have ended up as bad as it did. I was very distressed and could hardly drive home.. from them being so rude to me. As I said before it was not so much the mistake but the attitude. I have a sample clump of hair that is grey white in colour that just fell off when they brushed it and showed it to the hairdresser who corrected it today and she was SHOCKED. I would never go there again and warn anyone else to be extremely weary. I would like to mention that Mr Juan's wife was lovely and at least tried to make me feel better. I have been there once in the past and actually came back after the first visit to have the highlights redone. Juan had done a nice cut but I wasn't happy with the colour that time and that was why I specifically booked to have it done by Juan... but he let the morrocon girl do it and when I complained about that he said he doesn't do the colour himself..... and abused me. So I think the Salon really needs to look at there customer service. Maybe this is a cultural thing but in Australia if you book specifically with the manager to do your hair.... they usually dont object. There is something very wrong with the amount of time they leave the colour on the hair. As I said I was there for 4.5 hours and other than about 20 minutes to wash out the hair.... the colourants had been on my hair for way too long and that is what has caused the damage to the hair.

Why would I go back to be exposed to that again. I should have walked out half way through when I could see how bad it was and after being abused.

Thankyou anyway for your concern. I am so glad that you have not ever had trouble there.... but maybe as you said you are friends with them... they give you better treatment than just a regular customer such as my self.

Salomi from Zouari Hair Salon at the Royal Mirage, spent the morning colour correcting it for me today and had to cut a fair amount of damaged hair off... but she did an excelent job and has made the colour much better.

Good luck in the future and once again thank you for your concern.. Maybe they should employ you to deal with there customer service.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 8:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by dubai ja
Thankyou for following that up for me. I really appreciate your concern. Unfortunately it is a little late for them to do anything now. If they had of listened to me when I complained half way through and tried to discuss what I wanted it would not have ended up as bad as it did. I was very distressed and could hardly drive home.. from them being so rude to me. As I said before it was not so much the mistake but the attitude. I have a sample clump of hair that is grey white in colour that just fell off when they brushed it and showed it to the hairdresser who corrected it today and she was SHOCKED. I would never go there again and warn anyone else to be extremely weary. I would like to mention that Mr Juan's wife was lovely and at least tried to make me feel better. I have been there once in the past and actually came back after the first visit to have the highlights redone. Juan had done a nice cut but I wasn't happy with the colour that time and that was why I specifically booked to have it done by Juan... but he let the morrocon girl do it and when I complained about that he said he doesn't do the colour himself..... and abused me. So I think the Salon really needs to look at there customer service. Maybe this is a cultural thing but in Australia if you book specifically with the manager to do your hair.... they usually dont object. There is something very wrong with the amount of time they leave the colour on the hair. As I said I was there for 4.5 hours and other than about 20 minutes to wash out the hair.... the colourants had been on my hair for way too long and that is what has caused the damage to the hair.

Why would I go back to be exposed to that again. I should have walked out half way through when I could see how bad it was and after being abused.

Thankyou anyway for your concern. I am so glad that you have not ever had trouble there.... but maybe as you said you are friends with them... they give you better treatment than just a regular customer such as my self.

Salomi from Zouari Hair Salon at the Royal Mirage, spent the morning colour correcting it for me today and had to cut a fair amount of damaged hair off... but she did an excelent job and has made the colour much better.

Good luck in the future and once again thank you for your concern.. Maybe they should employ you to deal with there customer service.
All of your comments have been taken on board and on his behalf I can only apologise for what happened yesterday. I would prefer however if you didn't say he abused you, that is a very strong word to use in a situation like this, I know you feel you were verbally abused. Anyway you are happy with your hair now so let's just put a line under this and move on. I am sure alot of his regular customers will be very very surprised to hear about this as he is held in high esteem. All of his staff are qualified, being sent to France does not make someone a better hairdresser either. Anyway.

Last edited by Blue Cat; Aug 14th 2011 at 9:54 am.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 3:27 am
Just Joined

All of your comments have been taken on board and on his behalf I can only apologise for what happened yesterday. I would prefer however if you didn't say he abused you, that is a very strong word to use in a situation like this, I know you feel you were verbally abused. Anyway you are happy with your hair now so let's just put a line under this and move on. I am sure alot of his regular customers will be very very surprised to hear about this as he is held in high esteem. All of his staff are qualified, being sent to France does not make someone a better hairdresser either. Anyway.
Thankyou for your apology but I dont quite understand what your connection and interest is with the Salon or why you think apologizing for them means anything unless of course you have some other direct interest. It was up to them to sort the situation there and then.

I will not be moving on from this as you would wish as I am putting up a general warning in regards to those on this site who asked where to go so that there hair will not be destroyed and I think many people would like to know what happens at salons from both sides, when people write in recommending one. I used this salon from what I read on sites such as this and I think because of what happened I am justified to respond back with the result.

I am sorry that you would prefer for me to not use the word abuse... but that is exactly what happened both verbally and physically in regards to the condition of my hair which had five inches chopped off and it is exactly a situation like that that is serious enough to use the word. I also dont need to put a line under this and move on. However, I will put a line through that salon. I have lived in Dubai 12 years and as many people know, there is a very big problem with finding a good salon and while I have hair and live in Dubai, I can not move on from this problem.

As for my hair...... I am happy with the colour correction ..... not with the fact that I had so much cut off and the colour. It has been corrected but I will need to go for a number of visits until it can be back to the colour I had previously.... as you can not just die over hair once it has been put through that amount of process or it will just snap off!. It takes time and also time for it to grow back.... so obviously I am not putting a line through this and moving on until my hair is repaired and back to the colour, length and condition that I had before I went there.

I am sorry but I also disagree with you as to your comment on where you are trained. Qualifications and where they come from does have everything to do with a salon, as it is for any other service. In most other countries there are regulations as to that training and its quality.

Thank you for your comments. I respect your right to a different opinion and thankyou again for your apology.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 4:41 am
Concierge

I totally understand where you are coming from and understand your stress over your hair and the situation that has happened. However I don't think you understand how many years of sweat and pain have gone into that business to make it it the success it is. Juan employs many people who rely on him to support their families in their home countries. I for one would never recommend or use a salon that I didn't think was up to the mark. When I make a recommendation I make it from the heart and from many visits to an establishment.

I have never understood people who have the need to register on a forum they have never used before to basically try and destroy a business. There was an issue and they have done their best to try and resolve it with you. Repeatedly coming back and slating their good name is not doing anything to help anyone. Juan has literally 100's of satisfied clients and a successful business under his belt. He was born into hairdressing and if you had taken the time to check his background you would find his status is Jordan is extremely high.

Coming from a family of hairdressers, three successful businesses, all of which I have been involved in from a Managerial point of view would make me a good judge in the standard of hairdressing in any salon anywhere.

Physical abuse is a very strong word though, I would be careful how you use it.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was abused by a hairdresser once - it was fantastic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.