British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Guide for Riyadh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/guide-riyadh-653369/)

Punanilover Feb 6th 2010 1:11 pm

Guide for Riyadh

Hello world,

Should I start with Hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllpppppppppppp p or what. Guys and Gals who live in Riyadh.... seriously... please let me know how can one seriously spend some quality time in this place. Meet with people, hopefully drinks and music... please someone who can guide me..

Cheers

Karl

cool dude Feb 6th 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Guide for Riyadh

Originally Posted by Punanilover (Post 8317465)
Hello world,

Should I start with Hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllpppppppppppp p or what. Guys and Gals who live in Riyadh.... seriously... please let me know how can one seriously spend some quality time in this place. Meet with people, hopefully drinks and music... please someone who can guide me..

Cheers

Karl

hi, riyadh is a beautiful place,don't understand why people talk negativley about riyadh.

Punanilover Feb 6th 2010 2:04 pm

Dude, I don't deny this place is heaven for quite a lot of people... but all I am saying is... there has to be some place for chaps like us to enjoy ourselves.. especially when you don't even have someone at your wavelength to chat with.

Karl

typical Feb 7th 2010 6:49 am

With a nickname like 'Punanilover' I'm not sure Riyadh is going to be for you. But I suggest you take up running...

Blue Cat Feb 7th 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 8319405)
With a nickname like 'Punanilover' I'm not sure Riyadh is going to be for you. But I suggest you take up running...

was thinking the same!

Alexa Feb 7th 2010 8:38 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 8319405)

What IS a "punanilover"???
Googled it....never mind.......:rofl:

Punanilover Feb 7th 2010 9:27 am

Guys and Gals Common on... Its just a nick name.....which I have picked up long time ago...Running is what I am already doing.... any other suggestions from anyone.

Cheers

Karl

typical Feb 7th 2010 9:42 am

Hashes, desert trips, compound parties and embassy bashes are the main sources of entertainment as far as I can tell. Not that I'd know anything about any of them :)

Danajj Feb 13th 2010 1:35 pm

Im my opinion - better social life in KSA than had in UAE...just need to know the right people/places to go...

Punanilover Feb 13th 2010 3:35 pm

Hey Danajj,

Then I should say that I need to hook up with you to look at KSA as per your view point. Should be back in town next week and hope to meet up and see what I am missing.

Cheers

The_Stig Feb 19th 2010 12:18 pm

Save your money and go on nice holidays ....

Alfi Feb 20th 2010 2:39 am

Have you been on the hash? The friday one is a good way to meet people (particularly nurses)! The US embassy has parties evey few weeks and anyone (more or less) can buy tickets as long as you know they're on sale - they are sold at the shop in the embassy. There are also lots of 'cultural' events (generally music ones) at other embassies.:)

Punanilover Feb 20th 2010 12:56 pm

hey Alfi,

Thanks dude for the info... finally someone who could give me some logical info. Well I think I am gonna try that this time and lets see how that goes.

Cheers Mate

Gmakoshi Feb 22nd 2010 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Alfi (Post 8359579)
Have you been on the hash? The friday one is a good way to meet people (particularly nurses)! The US embassy has parties evey few weeks and anyone (more or less) can buy tickets as long as you know they're on sale - they are sold at the shop in the embassy. There are also lots of 'cultural' events (generally music ones) at other embassies.:)

What is the Hash? Also, can anyone attend the embassy parties? My fiance is american but I am Saudi, would I be able to attend with him? And do you need your passport to attend? or will other identification work..US drivers license?

I just moved back from the US temporarily and he is coming to visit me here in Saudi Arabia for the first time. I haven't been back here in a long time and we are both nervous about where we can spend time together without worrying about religous police :-/

We'd like to go out to restuarants...are some less 'risky' (for lack of a better word) than others?

hoofie2002 Feb 23rd 2010 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Gmakoshi (Post 8365886)
What is the Hash? Also, can anyone attend the embassy parties? My fiance is american but I am Saudi, would I be able to attend with him? And do you need your passport to attend? or will other identification work..US drivers license?

I just moved back from the US temporarily and he is coming to visit me here in Saudi Arabia for the first time. I haven't been back here in a long time and we are both nervous about where we can spend time together without worrying about religous police :-/

We'd like to go out to restuarants...are some less 'risky' (for lack of a better word) than others?

As a Saudi you will find many westerners will be wary of inviting you anywhere that may involve booze/dancing/usual stuff - simply because they feel you will grass them all up to the muttawa if someone annoys you. Harsh but true [and for good reason].

Embassy parties etc are different as they can do what the hell they like.