Guide for Riyadh

Old Feb 6th 2010, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Punanilover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guide for Riyadh

Hello world,

Should I start with Hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllpppppppppppp p or what. Guys and Gals who live in Riyadh.... seriously... please let me know how can one seriously spend some quality time in this place. Meet with people, hopefully drinks and music... please someone who can guide me..

Cheers

Karl
Old Feb 6th 2010, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

cool dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guide for Riyadh

Originally Posted by Punanilover
Hello world,

Should I start with Hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllpppppppppppp p or what. Guys and Gals who live in Riyadh.... seriously... please let me know how can one seriously spend some quality time in this place. Meet with people, hopefully drinks and music... please someone who can guide me..

Cheers

Karl
hi, riyadh is a beautiful place,don't understand why people talk negativley about riyadh.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Dude, I don't deny this place is heaven for quite a lot of people... but all I am saying is... there has to be some place for chaps like us to enjoy ourselves.. especially when you don't even have someone at your wavelength to chat with.

Karl
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:49 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

With a nickname like 'Punanilover' I'm not sure Riyadh is going to be for you. But I suggest you take up running...
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
With a nickname like 'Punanilover' I'm not sure Riyadh is going to be for you. But I suggest you take up running...
was thinking the same!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
What IS a "punanilover"???
Googled it....never mind.......
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Guys and Gals Common on... Its just a nick name.....which I have picked up long time ago...Running is what I am already doing.... any other suggestions from anyone.

Cheers

Karl
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:42 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Hashes, desert trips, compound parties and embassy bashes are the main sources of entertainment as far as I can tell. Not that I'd know anything about any of them
Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice

Im my opinion - better social life in KSA than had in UAE...just need to know the right people/places to go...
Old Feb 13th 2010, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Hey Danajj,

Then I should say that I need to hook up with you to look at KSA as per your view point. Should be back in town next week and hope to meet up and see what I am missing.

Cheers
Old Feb 19th 2010, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

The_Stig is an unknown quantity at this point

Save your money and go on nice holidays ....
Old Feb 20th 2010, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Alfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you been on the hash? The friday one is a good way to meet people (particularly nurses)! The US embassy has parties evey few weeks and anyone (more or less) can buy tickets as long as you know they're on sale - they are sold at the shop in the embassy. There are also lots of 'cultural' events (generally music ones) at other embassies.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

hey Alfi,

Thanks dude for the info... finally someone who could give me some logical info. Well I think I am gonna try that this time and lets see how that goes.

Cheers Mate
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Gmakoshi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfi
Have you been on the hash? The friday one is a good way to meet people (particularly nurses)! The US embassy has parties evey few weeks and anyone (more or less) can buy tickets as long as you know they're on sale - they are sold at the shop in the embassy. There are also lots of 'cultural' events (generally music ones) at other embassies.
What is the Hash? Also, can anyone attend the embassy parties? My fiance is american but I am Saudi, would I be able to attend with him? And do you need your passport to attend? or will other identification work..US drivers license?

I just moved back from the US temporarily and he is coming to visit me here in Saudi Arabia for the first time. I haven't been back here in a long time and we are both nervous about where we can spend time together without worrying about religous police :-/

We'd like to go out to restuarants...are some less 'risky' (for lack of a better word) than others?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gmakoshi
What is the Hash? Also, can anyone attend the embassy parties? My fiance is american but I am Saudi, would I be able to attend with him? And do you need your passport to attend? or will other identification work..US drivers license?

I just moved back from the US temporarily and he is coming to visit me here in Saudi Arabia for the first time. I haven't been back here in a long time and we are both nervous about where we can spend time together without worrying about religous police :-/

We'd like to go out to restuarants...are some less 'risky' (for lack of a better word) than others?
As a Saudi you will find many westerners will be wary of inviting you anywhere that may involve booze/dancing/usual stuff - simply because they feel you will grass them all up to the muttawa if someone annoys you. Harsh but true [and for good reason].

Embassy parties etc are different as they can do what the hell they like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.