British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   The Greens To Bur Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/greens-bur-dubai-439732/)

kay1730 Apr 3rd 2007 10:58 pm

The Greens To Bur Dubai

Hey guys, please someone help!!!!

Im going to be staying at The Greens on my week long holiday. Now i know its a bit out the way, well thats what ive heard.

Could someone please tell me how long it would take me to get from The Greens to Ummm.... say for example Khalid Bin Waleed St (Bank St). Whats the traffic situation like, which way does it flow?

Oh yea and what is the greens are like, any local shops/ grocers etc!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

W10 Apr 4th 2007 5:21 am

Re: The Greens To Bur Dubai

If you are going in the morning, not so bad. If you are going in the evening or late afternoon (between 3pm and 9pm) then take a sleeping bag.

littlejimmy Apr 4th 2007 5:37 am

Originally Posted by kay1730 (Post 4599086)
Hey guys, please someone help!!!!

Im going to be staying at The Greens on my week long holiday. Now i know its a bit out the way, well thats what ive heard.

Could someone please tell me how long it would take me to get from The Greens to Ummm.... say for example Khalid Bin Waleed St (Bank St). Whats the traffic situation like, which way does it flow?

Oh yea and what is the greens are like, any local shops/ grocers etc!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, there is a Choithrams there, a book shop, a pharmacy and a few cafes and restaurants.

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 4th 2007 6:41 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 4599722)
Yes, there is a Choithrams there, a book shop, a pharmacy and a few cafes and restaurants.

Greens is not too bad.
Moi and Blue cat live nearby.
BC can probably tell you more about the Greens as i never go there.

I do all my shopping at the petrol station :(

arbroath_abroad Apr 4th 2007 9:08 am

i live near to the Greens.

There is a lot of new restaurants opened there wagamamaammaamaas, some lebo slophouse and a nando's as well as a few pizza places.

Nowhere to go for a pint mind, nearest place is prob the Lakes club.

Its ok to stay for a week and is not that out of the way. I would rather stay there than anywhere near Bur Dubai/Deira etc

kay1730 Apr 4th 2007 11:36 am

Cheers Guys. That dosent sound too bad. I make sure ive got my sleeping bag tho,lol.

Thanks for all the help.

MJC Apr 4th 2007 11:39 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4600235)
some lebo slophouse

K given...

fazzo Apr 4th 2007 11:54 am

greens is nice (i live right next to the greens - tho not for much longer.. ) as has been said above, theres everything you would ever need available at the small shopping center located at one end of the greens.

Blue Cat Apr 4th 2007 11:59 am

I hope the weather cheers up for you!!

GA

W10 Apr 4th 2007 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by fazzo (Post 4600812)
theres everything you would ever need available at the small shopping center located at one end of the greens.

A man who lives the simple life.

Listen son, there are only three things in life you need...a nail bar, a kfc and a badly laid out supermarket...

kay1730 Apr 4th 2007 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 4602536)

Listen son, there are only three things in life you need...a nail bar, a kfc and a badly laid out supermarket...

I prefear Mcdonalds:D :D :D

fazzo Apr 8th 2007 10:04 am

lol. believe it or not, but i have been eating everywhere but the greens :) i do most of my shopping from carrefour @ mall of the emirates. only use the greens facilities as a last minute emergency resource.

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 4602536)