Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Green Community/Dubai Rents

The Green Community/Dubai Rents

Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Green Community/Dubai Rents

Does anyone know much about this place? I'm looking for a 3/4 bed villa that offers an easier commute into Abu Dhabi (just the outskirts, not the Corniche) and this place looks good location wise. Failing that where would you recommend? My budget is around 200-250k.

Also, as an aside, are rents still dropping or are they levelling out now....?

Thanks for any advice or opinions.....
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:25 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Green Community/Dubai Rents

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Does anyone know much about this place? I'm looking for a 3/4 bed villa that offers an easier commute into Abu Dhabi (just the outskirts, not the Corniche) and this place looks good location wise. Failing that where would you recommend? My budget is around 200-250k.

Also, as an aside, are rents still dropping or are they levelling out now....?

Thanks for any advice or opinions.....
For a 4,200 Sqft 3 bed Town House (also has a 4th BR or Study & maids room etc.) rents were 300 K a year ago. You can now rent one for around 200 K. This rental includes the annual service charges that covers the pools/tennis courts/garden areas etc.) There are a lot of folk living there now who work in Abu Dhabi.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
For a 4,200 Sqft 3 bed Town House (also has a 4th BR or Study & maids room etc.) rents were 300 K a year ago. You can now rent one for around 200 K. This rental includes the annual service charges that covers the pools/tennis courts/garden areas etc.) There are a lot of folk living there now who work in Abu Dhabi.
Many thanks for the info. How do you find living there? Are shops/amenities walking distance away (I'm thinking of my wife who will be in the house with two very small boys.) Also, any idea what the drive time is to AD (I work around the Mussafah Bridge area, just off island....
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the info. How do you find living there? Are shops/amenities walking distance away (I'm thinking of my wife who will be in the house with two very small boys.) Also, any idea what the drive time is to AD (I work around the Mussafah Bridge area, just off island....
Green Community is lovely, I am sure your wife would be happy there. Does she drive? Commute to AD - just over an hour, we did it last week on the new road out of the Green Community, no traffic at all.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:08 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

We love the place - the mall has enough shops to cover day to day needs, there are half a dozen restauants around the lake and a couple of bars in the near by hotels (Marriot & Premier Inn). It safe for kids to ride bikes around and there are lots of mums/rug rats of all ages at the playgrounds etc. The mall is a short walk or bike ride away but attached to the community - no need to go on a proper road. Plenty of taxi's around if it's too hot to walk. If I was 25 years old and single it would probably be a bit far from the action - but for people who are married with kids I think the place is great. It's more like a living in a village on the outskits of Dubai than living in Dubai itself. As long as you are OK with that it should work.

I would think drive time to Mussafah would probably be just over 1 hour. I usally get my visitors to fly into Abu Dhabi airport as it takes about the same or less time to reach it compared to Dubai airport.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Green Community is lovely, I am sure your wife would be happy there. Does she drive? Commute to AD - just over an hour, we did it last week on the new road out of the Green Community, no traffic at all.
Thanks a lot BC. Where does this new road drop you? Do you come out at around Jebel Ali? We're leaving Abu Dhabi after 18 months mainly as we're bored of living in Khalifa City with zero facilities and thought we may as well have a crack at Dubai since the rents have come down so much and things seem much more developed. Everything in Abu Dhabi is always "in the post" but never quite arrives and we're tired of waiting.....
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
We love the place - the mall has enough shops to cover day to day needs, there are half a dozen restauants around the lake and a couple of bars in the near by hotels (Marriot & Premier Inn). It safe for kids to ride bikes around and there are lots of mums/rug rats of all ages at the playgrounds etc. The mall is a short walk or bike ride away but attached to the community - no need to go on a proper road. Plenty of taxi's around if it's too hot to walk. If I was 25 years old and single it would probably be a bit far from the action - but for people who are married with kids I think the place is great. It's more like a living in a village on the outskits of Dubai than living in Dubai itself. As long as you are OK with that it should work.

I would think drive time to Mussafah would probably be just over 1 hour. I usally get my visitors to fly into Abu Dhabi airport as it takes about the same or less time to reach it compared to Dubai airport.
Great - that sounds like just what we're after. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:33 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Thanks a lot BC. Where does this new road drop you? Do you come out at around Jebel Ali? We're leaving Abu Dhabi after 18 months mainly as we're bored of living in Khalifa City with zero facilities and thought we may as well have a crack at Dubai since the rents have come down so much and things seem much more developed. Everything in Abu Dhabi is always "in the post" but never quite arrives and we're tired of waiting.....
Once on the Emirates Rd (311) heading towards Abu Dhabi there are a few options to join SZR - I work in Jebel Ali so I take turn right at the junction in front of the new airport (under construction) that leads over SZR towards the Jebel Ali Beach hotel. However you can carry on down 311 past the new Dubai Industrial City (not much there yet) and there is a later T junction right at the Abu Dhabi border. Turn right here and you can join SZR near the old customs post area just around Ghantoot. Good new highway & not much traffic.