Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Graduation Certificates

Graduation Certificates

Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

rebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nice
Default Graduation Certificates

Hi,

I am in the process of getting my Visa, and handed my graduation certificate to my employer a few months back.

I have been given it back and its been stapled, bent and damaged.

I am refusing to sign a receipt of its return as when I signed it over it was in perfect condition, and I have asked my employer to pay to replace it.

My boss told me, that he cannot complain to any authorities because he will be deported?!!.. and he is also refusing to replace it.

Anyway, just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else? and shall I just except the fact that I'll be paying to replace it myself?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Graduation Certificates

Originally Posted by rebeccadubai
Hi,

I am in the process of getting my Visa, and handed my graduation certificate to my employer a few months back.

I am refusing to sign a receipt of its return as when I signed it over it was in perfect condition, and I have asked my employer to pay to replace it.

My boss told me, that he cannot complain to any authorities because he will be deported?!!.. and he is also refusing to replace it.

Anyway, just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else? and shall I just except the fact that I'll be paying to replace it myself?

Mine was the same but I expected it to be that way.
have plenty of other certificates so wasnt bothered
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:46 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

That's why most people get an attested copy of their degree certificate before they get here to give to their new employers.

Nevertheless, is it really worth falling out with your boss over???
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

rebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nicerebeccadubai is just really nice

[I[/I]

I would have got it attested but I graduated after I started my job, so no time really.

As for falling out with my boss, he agrees with me about it really, but told me he won't do anything because he doesn't want to get deported!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I know its annoying . My brand new passport which cost 900 dibs was ruined by immigration, its simply not worth complaining as u will get no where, just stressed out

These are some of the things that will bother u about living in the emirates. My pet hate is the new scratches i find on my car every day, i can not beleive that someone can hit yr car and just drive off?

There will be lots of things that happen here that will bother u but u just have to ignore it or u will drive yourself nuts

Focus on the positives is the only way to go here
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

[I[/I]

I would have got it attested but I graduated after I started my job, so no time really.

As for falling out with my boss, he agrees with me about it really, but told me he won't do anything because he doesn't want to get deported!
can i ask where yr boss is from?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annacarna
I know its annoying . My brand new passport which cost 900 dibs was ruined by immigration, its simply not worth complaining as u will get no where, just stressed out

These are some of the things that will bother u about living in the emirates. My pet hate is the new scratches i find on my car every day, i can not beleive that someone can hit yr car and just drive off?

There will be lots of things that happen here that will bother u but u just have to ignore it or u will drive yourself nuts

Focus on the positives is the only way to go here
I think your right, it just annoys me because my workplace have screwed up countless times now.

So its just adding to a long list of problems I have had with them, I've been here 6 and a half months and there are only sorting out my visa now.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think your right, it just annoys me because my workplace have screwed up countless times now.

So its just adding to a long list of problems I have had with them, I've been here 6 and a half months and there are only sorting out my visa now.
Agreed life here can be very annoying and all the red tape and stuff can stress you. But hopefully you wont be doing another visa for another 3 years

Good luck with the visa
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:16 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here 6 and a half months and there are only sorting out my visa now.
Actually, that's pretty slack. Mine took 7 days, and it would have been quicker had I known I was meant to pick up my blood test results myself (d'oh!).
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

can i ask where yr boss is from?
India. I have a feeling hes illegal, as are most of the workers. They run off and hide whenever immigration come round.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

India. I have a feeling hes illegal, as are most of the workers. They run off and hide whenever immigration come round.

OMG who are u working for? This explains why the visa is prob taking so long

It could be

They dont have the money to pay the bond/ security money or they could have fines from the labour dept that they have not paid and therefore can not do any new visas or they have absconded employees??

PM me if you need help hey

AC
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Actually, that's pretty slack. Mine took 7 days, and it would have been quicker had I known I was meant to pick up my blood test results myself (d'oh!).
I think they wanted to wait until my six months probation period was up, just in case I left
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:33 pm
Banned

I think they wanted to wait until my six months probation period was up, just in case I left
May I ask what you do for a living?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

OMG who are u working for? This explains why the visa is prob taking so long

It could be

They dont have the money to pay the bond/ security money or they could have fines from the labour dept that they have not paid and therefore can not do any new visas or they have absconded employees??

PM me if you need help hey

AC

Thanks AC,

well, apparently most of the workers are registered to work in Media City, but the office in actually in Al Quoz, so thats why they all leave when immigration come looking.

A few months back, I was told to leave to avoid them seeing me, and another person worked in the meeting room, and was instructed to tell anyone that asked that she was visiting the office and not an employee
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
May I ask what you do for a living?
Yeah, I'm an exhibition designer. My first job from uni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.