government jobs

Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default government jobs

hi
ive not been on this section before but i recognise some of your names...
basically moved to oz, i messed up big time (homesick, lost lots of money, job problems etc etc)and we returned skint after 8mnths.
Back in uk i feel a huge weight has been lifted off some once stressed shoulders - but oh who never wanted to return is finding it hard to be here. i thought UAE may be a comprimise as may be able to get cash back and visit uk more but still adventure for him. ive tried to look re jobs but cant find a government job website. he is a fireman. does anyone know the gov jobs website i should go to, or who to contact speculatively?
wont bore you with any more questions for now...i just need to show him some alternatives as hes appling for an oz job tomorrow :scared:
BTW i have a 9 and 7 yr old. should this have a bearing on where NOt to live? (eg no international school, not child friendly etc)
thanks in advance
c
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: government jobs

Originally Posted by chance to be
BTW i have a 9 and 7 yr old. should this have a bearing on where NOt to live? (eg no international school, not child friendly etc)
thanks in advance
c
Well there's quite a bit about schools and places in the faq's as well as job type sites.

Don't DXB ain't cheap to live these days, and unless you have a really good package, it's unlikely you'll be making buckets of cash like in the old days...
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:37 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well there's quite a bit about schools and places in the faq's as well as job type sites.

Don't DXB ain't cheap to live these days, and unless you have a really good package, it's unlikely you'll be making buckets of cash like in the old days...
They don't have firefighters in Dubai, they might get rid of the smoke and smash the mirrors.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
They don't have firefighters in Dubai, they might get rid of the smoke and smash the mirrors.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:10 am
Just Joined

alison223 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chance to be
hi
ive not been on this section before but i recognise some of your names...
basically moved to oz, i messed up big time (homesick, lost lots of money, job problems etc etc)and we returned skint after 8mnths.
Back in uk i feel a huge weight has been lifted off some once stressed shoulders - but oh who never wanted to return is finding it hard to be here. i thought UAE may be a comprimise as may be able to get cash back and visit uk more but still adventure for him. ive tried to look re jobs but cant find a government job website. he is a fireman. does anyone know the gov jobs website i should go to, or who to contact speculatively?
wont bore you with any more questions for now...i just need to show him some alternatives as hes appling for an oz job tomorrow :scared:
thanks in advance
c
My Husband has been offered a job in Qatar although not fire fighting. He is a retained fire fighter in the uk and looked at lots of companies recruiting fire fighters in Qatar and they all wanted you to have experience within the oil fields, he looked at ras gas and others, if he has this type of experience maybe he should look into that. We just put into google "gas and oil companies in Qatar"
Ali
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:25 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alison223
My Husband has been offered a job in Qatar although not fire fighting. He is a retained fire fighter in the uk and looked at lots of companies recruiting fire fighters in Qatar and they all wanted you to have experience within the oil fields, he looked at ras gas and others, if he has this type of experience maybe he should look into that. We just put into google "gas and oil companies in Qatar"
Ali
With all the fires in Doha ... They defenitely need good 'safety / firefighters type' of people.