British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Goodbye 2004 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/goodbye-2004-a-274480/)

Truth Speak Dec 31st 2004 4:56 am

Goodbye 2004

COme on folks....lets say goodbye to 04 ...tell us the most life-changing event of the year......

Heart of gold Dec 31st 2004 5:00 am

Re: Goodbye 2004

The highlight of the year for me has to be ........ Grabbing the bull by the horns and learning to drive and to my amazement I passed!!! :D

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 31st 2004 5:11 am

The most life changing event..hhhmm.

Getting shot at in Riyadh Jan 04

Having 90,000 pounds robbed from me

My daughter learning to swim!

getting a good job in Dubai !

Meeting you guys !

Happiness Dec 31st 2004 6:54 am

I hope you all have a lovely new year.

Let's hope next year ends on a better note x

Fairydust Dec 31st 2004 7:01 am

Happy New Year to everyone, hope you all have a good night tonight whatever you may be doing :rolleyes: . Angela

Malteser Dec 31st 2004 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Happy New Year to everyone, hope you all have a good night tonight whatever you may be doing :rolleyes: . Angela

Most challenging event has to def be making the big decision to leave my country, my family, my friends and my new home for the v first time to start a new life in the Middle East. May sound easy for some but sure wasnt for me. So far so good tho. Inshallah

Making new friends and reading some of the stuff u all write has def helped make life easier. Thnx to all of u from the bottom of my heart.

A Happy New Year to All near and far

novita77 Dec 31st 2004 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Malteser
Most challenging event has to def be making the big decision to leave my country, my family, my friends and my new home for the v first time to start a new life in the Middle East. May sound easy for some but sure wasnt for me. So far so good tho. Inshallah

Making new friends and reading some of the stuff u all write has def helped make life easier. Thnx to all of u from the bottom of my heart.

Well Malt... living expatting not that bad at all. I know it is hard for first timer like you. :D But I think u soon will settle in OK in Middle East.

Jellybean Dec 31st 2004 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
COme on folks....lets say goodbye to 04 ...tell us the most life-changing event of the year......

Can't mention that here....but the result was moving to Dubai :rolleyes:

Malteser Dec 31st 2004 11:40 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Well Malt... living expatting not that bad at all. I know it is hard for first timer like you. :D But I think u soon will settle in OK in Middle East.

We r settling in v well, much more than I excpected and its a v big thnx to u, yr family and others like u who r so friendly. Heartfelt thnx, I will never forget what u did for me MMWWAAAAAA

Heart of gold Dec 31st 2004 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Malteser

Seconmd life changing event was also moving thousands of miles away from family and friends for the first time in my life .... Never lived abroad, let alone gave it any thought! And after 15 months its now getting a little easier.

Heart of gold Dec 31st 2004 11:43 am

God, I think my spelling has gone south tonight .... Looking at my posts I seem to be adding extra letters where they ought not to be... Never mind!:)

Malteser Dec 31st 2004 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
God, I think my spelling has gone south tonight .... Looking at my posts I seem to be adding extra letters where they ought not to be... Never mind!:)

Dont worry Heart, we know what u mean. Happy New Year to u and yr family xxxxx

I think im feeling a little nostalgic today......................Happy New year everyone

smartd Dec 31st 2004 12:03 pm

nothing much happened.
:beer: here's to another year of nothing much.

Cheers,

D

Crying Freeman Dec 31st 2004 12:08 pm

well I've hada pretty average 2004, the best has been the last 2 months out here with everyone!! I've not had as much fun and not be as happy in a while. It's been a life changing experience!!

Truth Speak Dec 31st 2004 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Seconmd life changing event was also moving thousands of miles away from family and friends for the first time in my life .... Never lived abroad, let alone gave it any thought! And after 15 months its now getting a little easier.

That doeasn't count then Heart, as it was 2003