Reload this Page >

Good offer? What do you think?

Good offer? What do you think?

Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

danjar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good offer? What do you think?

Hey guys,

What do you think of this offer? It's for a Sub-Agent role with a major contractor in Dubai (construction). I'll be living alone for a while and my wife will be joining me March/April next year (No kids).
Probably be looking to get a 1 bed near the marina?

18,000 AED (Salary)
10,000 AED(Accom)
30,000 AED (One-off relocation allowance)

+Car and fuel
+Family return flight
+Medical Insurance
+6% bonus pa
+25 days holiday

(Working a 5 day week)

Does anyone know how the relocation allowance works? My offer states that the allowance will be paid upon providing receipts for the shipping costs OR from the date that a permanent accommodation rental agreement in the UAE has been agreed.

Thanks in advance, look fwd to joining you all for a beer pretty soon!!

Last edited by danjar; Oct 8th 2008 at 5:44 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good offer? What do you think?

Have you done a search and read the loads of other threads on packages? That accommodation allowance doesn't look that great and I don't even live there...
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Bob, Done a fair few searches but all the offers on here are so different, I can't really find a comparison. Just wanted the opinion of some of the people that live there.......I'm not looking for an in depth analysis, just roughly, do you think you could live in relative comfort on these amounts?

Apologies if this is a bit of a "Noob" thread, I have searched.....honest
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danjar
Cheers Bob, Done a fair few searches but all the offers on here are so different, I can't really find a comparison. Just wanted the opinion of some of the people that live there.......I'm not looking for an in depth analysis, just roughly, do you think you could live in relative comfort on these amounts?

It really is a question of what sort of life style you are expecting and what your financial status is at home ie mortgage, credit card debt, loans etc, there is loads of info on the site about the cost of living and it goes into great detail. Are you willing to share to cut the exhorbitant rents in half? which areas are you prepared to live due to your work location? I believe min rent on the Marina for a 1 bed is around 130k per year with at least 2 cheques up front, you will need a car, etc it is all explained in the WIKI and in other threads. If you still cannot find what you need to know then people WILL take the time to answer your questions,
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute

Would you be working 50 hours a week? then your hourly rate would be around 13 quid an hour.....
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

As a single person without any commitments at home yes you could live in relative comfort, but don't forget the upfront rent.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:12 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Live for now
As a single person without any commitments at home yes you could live in relative comfort, but don't forget the upfront rent.
I have also just accepted an offer from a large contractor, they have offered as did the other 2 companies who had offered me work to pay the rent upfront direct to the landlord, you will have a 5% finders fee for the agent, make sure you use your whole allowance as they will not give you the rest of the money!

Hope this helps
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice guys. I have accepted the offer and should be joining you all at about the end of November!!

HI Duke, I did query this actually, they said they will pay the rent 12 months in advance so I've no worries there, but cheers for the heads up. They actually said that any allowance not spent will be paid to me in my monthly salary........Saying that I can't see there being anything left out of 120k

If anyone's free for a few frosty ones at the start of Dec it'd be great to meet some new faces! (I'm a Yorkshireman by the way, so great company is guaranteed!......deep pockets though)

Thanks again
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:04 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone's free for a few frosty ones at the start of Dec it'd be great to meet some new faces! (I'm a Yorkshireman by the way, so great company is guaranteed!......deep pockets though)

Thanks again
there's always the Mondaynight pubquiz, you're very welcome to come along, even though you are from Yorkshire...
seeing as there are quite a few new people, we might organise a BE night out beginning of December...keep an eye on the forum
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Pubquiz?? sounds rather common..

Ah yes, i see, Yorkshire...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:13 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Pubquiz?? sounds rather common..

Ah yes, i see, Yorkshire...
I like a bit of common...prefer it over spending time with the stuck up above themselves crowd...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I like a bit of common...prefer it over spending time with the stuck up above themselves crowd...
common is good. I used to love going to darts matches with the ratings in Portsmouth. Such fun
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:22 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by commander
common is good. I used to love going to darts matches with the ratings in Portsmouth. Such fun
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:13 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice guys. I have accepted the offer and should be joining you all at about the end of November!!

HI Duke, I did query this actually, they said they will pay the rent 12 months in advance so I've no worries there, but cheers for the heads up. They actually said that any allowance not spent will be paid to me in my monthly salary........Saying that I can't see there being anything left out of 120k

Thanks again
also check your holidays mate, a lot of companies for example will take your weekends as holidays if you are off over the weekend, so 2 weeks holiday wouldn't be the 10 days it would be 14.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Spugsy, thankfully my weekends are not included in my holidays, so 25 days equate to a full 5 weeks leave........Plenty of time to nip back and visit my chimney sweeping brothers and sisters in my local working mens club!

Thanks MataHari! I'll keep an eye out on the forum....A pub quiz sounds good too, nothing wrong with a bit of rough ey?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.