Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is this a good offer in Abu Dhabi

Is this a good offer in Abu Dhabi

Old Mar 5th 2012, 10:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a good offer in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by nikhil2012
Education is covered 80% by the company. ( I have three kids but only 2 will be going to school)
Will you never send one of them to school then?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Seems they have picked their favourite two and that's job done.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53
Seems they have picked their favourite two and that's job done.
I wonder if the middle child is also ginger.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Wigan171 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been offered the following package for a FMCG company based in Abu Dhabi.

Total package is for 28000AED per month. ( This includes housing, utilities & car allowance)

Education is covered 80% by the company. ( I have three kids but only 2 will be going to school)

Medical and Dental is 100%

Vacation is 25 days

Moving allowance is 18000AED (one time)

tickets back to Canada for the entire family once a year

End of employment benefits - 21 days per year

I am married and have three kids (7, 6 and 1) and needed some advise if this was a good package to consider for Abu Dhabi. I have over 10 years of experience in Supply Chain and it is a Manager position I have been offered.
I would suggest to look in the long term, having SC experience in the Gulf area is great advantage for your career in term of saving money. Because it would give you many chances to get simillar role into another companies in Dubai or the rest of Gulf with better packages. So you can try your best to negotiate with them for better package, there is high competition and huge pool of candidates to secure job in Dubai so don't expect too much increase in that package, they would get an Indian Manager with more years experience than you and he will get less package with smile on face. So may be it is good idea to go by yourself first to settle everything before taking your family with you. You are always have 90 days or so to terminate the contract if you found the life there would be worthless comparing to your pakage.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 12:33 am
Just Joined

allensaus is an unknown quantity at this point

What would be a good salary that I should be negotiating for this position? I need to call them back tomorrow.
Hi
I have just left AD after living there for 17 years, if you want to drop me an e-mail I don't mind to reply as quickly as possible.