Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Good Curtains/Blinds place?

Good Curtains/Blinds place?

Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:06 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Curtains/Blinds place?

I've got a whole rack of friends/family coming to visit over the next couple of months, which means i actually need to get curtains for my patio window and other window in my living room, where the pull out sofa is. Otherwise people would be waking up way early due to sunlight pouring in.

Does anybody know of or has anybody dealt with a solid, professional curtains/blinds company in Dubai (preferably somewhere along SZR). I thought about getting the do it yourself deals at IKEA, but as i'm very busy and very lazy i'd rather just have somebody do it for me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:26 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good Curtains/Blinds place?

Originally Posted by TA5
I've got a whole rack of friends/family coming to visit over the next couple of months, which means i actually need to get curtains for my patio window and other window in my living room, where the pull out sofa is. Otherwise people would be waking up way early due to sunlight pouring in.

Does anybody know of or has anybody dealt with a solid, professional curtains/blinds company in Dubai (preferably somewhere along SZR). I thought about getting the do it yourself deals at IKEA, but as i'm very busy and very lazy i'd rather just have somebody do it for me.

I will tell you if you vote for me.....
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

It depends what you want to spend but I can recommend Jadis at The Courtyard in Al Quoz. It will cost you more than Ikea but Magda there is very good and will come out and measure up. Their phone number is 3474233.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:34 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
It depends what you want to spend but I can recommend Jadis at The Courtyard in Al Quoz. It will cost you more than Ikea but Magda there is very good and will come out and measure up. Their phone number is 3474233.
Hey now dont go giving out information until I get my vote...........
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:36 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info, i have this girl from Feshwari Curtains and Blinds coming over tonight to measure the windows, give me a quote, and show me some samples...if i'm satisfied i'll probably just go with them since time is of the issue, but if i can get some free time tomorrow i'll give the mentioned people a call
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:38 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TA5

Hey bud. how u doing?

I dont want ur vote or anything, but I will suggest somewhere for ya:

they will do it all for u, might cost a little more than average, but they are professionals:

SEDAR: http://www.sedaremirates.com/
u can call them on: 04 345 45 97

good luck.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5
thanks for the info, i have this girl from Feshwari Curtains and Blinds coming over tonight to measure the windows, give me a quote, and show me some samples...if i'm satisfied i'll probably just go with them since time is of the issue, but if i can get some free time tomorrow i'll give the mentioned people a call
I used Feshwari and found them to be very good (apart from giving me the wrong curtains for our bedroom, but I liked the wrong ones better!). They do everything for you and can keep costs down too if you tell them you don't want to spend a fortune. I would use them again.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:54 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
I used Feshwari and found them to be very good (apart from giving me the wrong curtains for our bedroom, but I liked the wrong ones better!). They do everything for you and can keep costs down too if you tell them you don't want to spend a fortune. I would use them again.

I used Feshwari for all my curtains and blinds...just make sure they bring a spirit level when they fit them!!!!!

I agree with LL, very helpful, cos I know Jack about curtains, fabrics and stuff like that....so I called them in they pretty much did the rest.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:09 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I used Feshwari for all my curtains and blinds...just make sure they bring a spirit level when they fit them!!!!!

I agree with LL, very helpful, cos I know Jack about curtains, fabrics and stuff like that....so I called them in they pretty much did the rest.

Great to hear that Feshwari is good. Its only 2 windows and the triple patio door, so i'm hoping it won't be too much, but not to worried, stuff like this is usually pretty cheap around here. If it is cheap enough i might have them do the bedroom window as well.

thanks again
Old Feb 12th 2005, 1:06 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Great to hear that Feshwari is good. Its only 2 windows and the triple patio door, so i'm hoping it won't be too much, but not to worried, stuff like this is usually pretty cheap around here. If it is cheap enough i might have them do the bedroom window as well.

thanks again

They have quite a wide range of fabrics from relatively cheap to very expensive, I am sure they will have something suitable to your budget.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 2:02 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

They have quite a wide range of fabrics from relatively cheap to very expensive, I am sure they will have something suitable to your budget.
great, how long did they take once you placed the order, my parents get here on the 18th, i'm doing this a little late I think, but i figure i'll be able to get it done before they get here
Old Feb 12th 2005, 2:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TA5
great, how long did they take once you placed the order, my parents get here on the 18th, i'm doing this a little late I think, but i figure i'll be able to get it done before they get here

Depends if they have the fabric in stock or if it comes from factory, some factories are closer than others, might be worth checking if you are not fussy over fabrics etc. If they have it in the shop it is just a case of when the fitters are available. I had a whole house done so I had a large order and fabrics from factories that must have been in Timbuktoo LOL

Have to ask TA they should be able to do it by then I would have thought.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:44 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

You load of vote tarts :scared:
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fairydust
You load of vote tarts :scared:

Not in it so I can't win it
Old Feb 12th 2005, 4:36 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Not in it so I can't win it
You'd get my vote, thanks for the help.

They stopped by to measure it up, I told them i just wanted plain dark blue and they said that would be in stock so i'm figuring they can get it done this week. She said she would call me tomorrow morning with an estimate/quote for all three windows.

She was quite cute as well!