Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Good Conduct Affirmation Wording for Qatar?

Good Conduct Affirmation Wording for Qatar?

Old May 20th 2014, 6:37 am
Just Joined

just-looking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Conduct Affirmation Wording for Qatar?

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to get a Police Good Conduct Certificate prior to starting a new job in Qatar.

As I haven't lived in the UK for over 10 years, getting one from the UK won't be possible. However I understand from the British Embassy in Doha that I can swear an affirmation instead...

The problem is that the example doesn't include the wording for what should be sworn.

Has anyone been through this or could give an example of what to put in?

This is the information provided..

Qatar Police Clearance Report
British Nationals can draw up their own oath/affirmation and have it administered at the British Embassy before a Consular Officer. This is generally sufficient for transfer of sponsorship, work permits and Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning Registration (Engineers). If you are going to
work for a Qatari Government Organisation you will require a Police Clearance Certificate from the UK.

Instructions for Oaths and Affirmations:
If you need to make an Oath OR Affirmation at the Embassy you can find a sample format overleaf.
Forms of Oath are generally sworn on either the Holy Bible or the Holy Quran, whereas Forms of Affirmations are non-religious.
You will need to complete the following steps in order to obtain a police clearance report from the Qatari authorities

1. Prepare your own oath OR affirmation in advance and bring it unsigned with your original passport and proof of address (a tenancy agreement or confirmation of address letter from your sponsor) to the Consular Section once you have made your appointment at www.britishembassydoha.clickbook.net

2. Take your signed oath or affirmation to the Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular Department to be attested. The MFA is located on the C Ring Road close to the Gulf Cinema Signal.

3. Finally, take your oath or affirmation together with:
 A letter of recommendation from your employer / sponsor
 Your passport and Qatar ID Card and a copy of both these items
 3 X passport size photographs (4x6)
 the Fee
 A letter of no objection from the Sponsor
 For women: a letter of non-objection from her sponsor at work plus a copy of the sponsor’s passport and a prior approval letter from the husband

For confirmation of the required documents please check: www.moi.gov.qa
Take all these to the Criminal Evidence and Information Department (CEID) who will generate a Qatar Certificate of Good Conduct for you. CEID is located on Salwa Road (straight over last roundabout towards Industrial Area, slip road to right and follow the signs).
Old May 24th 2014, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all
Default Re: Good Conduct Affirmation Wording for Qatar?

Wot I wrote

"I, Gotthetshirt, resident at Apartment XXXX- Tower 1xx Porto Arabia, The Pearl Qatar, holder of British Passport Number XXXXX of full age.
Do solemnly and sincerely AFFIRM and say as follows:
1. That I have no criminal convictions.
2. That I have never been involved in any criminal antisocial or unprofessional activities.

AFFIRMED at the British Embassy at Doha Qatar "
Old May 24th 2014, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! Just what I needed....

How did you get on with CEID after attesting with the MFA?
Old May 26th 2014, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by just-looking
Thanks! Just what I needed....

How did you get on with CEID after attesting with the MFA?
Everything else done by the PRO so I can't help.
Old May 26th 2014, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks! Hopefully the PRO will do the final bit once I start the new job :-)