Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Good, Bad and Ugly - Dubai

Good, Bad and Ugly - Dubai

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:59 am
Just Joined

I'll get my coat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good, Bad and Ugly - Dubai

The good news: been offered a job in Dubai.

The bad new: I dont know anyone at all over there! :scared: has anyone made the big push Dubai by coming over on there own? Would love to know if you are happy...or if you have developed a drink problem. Or if you are happy with a drink problem?

I dont really know much about the place as my feet didnt touch the ground when I was being interviewed.

The ugly news: I will miss my pet penguin.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also whats this I hear about Tampax Towers??
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:00 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Re: Good, Bad and Ugly - Dubai

Originally Posted by I'll get my coat
The good news: been offered a job in Dubai.

The bad new: I dont know anyone at all over there! :scared: has anyone made the big push Dubai by coming over on there own? Would love to know if you are happy...or if you have developed a drink problem. Or if you are happy with a drink problem?

I dont really know much about the place as my feet didnt touch the ground when I was being interviewed.

The ugly news: I will miss my pet penguin.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also whats this I hear about Tampax Towers??
I've considered your post and would have loved to help you out but I seriously believe you need professional help. Hope you get some.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Dear Ms Pie,

Thanks for your feedback..

professional help for me or Pingu? hey the poor little fella is gutted i might be leaving... i'm going to miss his little waddle

By the way....a cool 29c here in blighty...never throught i would brag about the british weather..

anyone been dune boarding yet? looks a right wheeze....

what are the clubs like? would love to know......

keep on trucking....
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:06 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

hmm even though i am waiting with baited breath to hear if i will in Media City this time next month i am very concerned that the above indivdual could also be in Media City.

If I see a bloke at a bar with Pingu then will be taking very cautious steps reversing out of the bar with him in the field of vision at all times and then calling the Medics so they can help him.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:00 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Dear Ms Pie,

Thanks for your feedback..

professional help for me or Pingu? hey the poor little fella is gutted i might be leaving... i'm going to miss his little waddle

By the way....a cool 29c here in blighty...never throught i would brag about the british weather..

anyone been dune boarding yet? looks a right wheeze....

what are the clubs like? would love to know......

keep on trucking....
So where will you be leaving poor pingu then?? Have you considered Edinburgh Zoo. The penguins there are very well cared for...even get taken for walks twice daily. Well worth considering.

There are a massive number of clubs out here, so there's bound to be many that tickle your fancy. There was a rain party at one of them earlier this month (with artificial rain!)...could you imagine that in the UK?..mind you, would probably need to be a sunshine party to get any takers, i suppose

You need to get your hands on a copy of Time Out magazine once your out here and maybe "Connector" too....in fact, buy the "Dubai Explorer" aswell and your sorted!
Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

very good advise indeed....a rain party sounds bonkers.....did you get your job sorted...i saw some posting from you....
Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:21 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

very good advise indeed....a rain party sounds bonkers.....did you get your job sorted...i saw some posting from you....
cherrypie gave the advice not me yet!! but do look at www.timeoutdubai.com the http://mumtazz.com/dubai/

will give u a great idea. the guys in the intervie wthe other day handed me a copy of timout dubai and they laughed when i told them i laready had a log in on mumtaz.

check it out... does look like a good scene.

still waiting with baited breath!!!!! so what is ur job in dubai then?
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Cheers fella! its a job as a sales manager......still no official letter but i think it will happen....will log on an have a look....the scariest thing for me is the fact I will coming over on my sweeny........but ive got to do it!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:04 am
The 5th Amendment

Cheers fella! its a job as a sales manager......still no official letter but i think it will happen....will log on an have a look....the scariest thing for me is the fact I will coming over on my sweeny........but ive got to do it!
do u always talk like ur throwback to a by gone era where the usage of rhyming was the norm.

would u adam and eve it this bloke's having a cow when he should be having a giraffe...