Good Article About DXB

Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:24 am
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough
Default Good Article About DXB

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...itecture-greer
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:26 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Article About DXB

no it's not...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590208
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Thats gainsay, I far prefer to hear a proper argument.....
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Geramin Greer quoted in the The Grauniad has a believer?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Razzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really nice

I thought is was cheap journalism. Her comment about the Creek revealed that she hasnt even been there and seen the trading Dhows and the busy and vibrant activity of the Abra's. She had it seems only been round on the tourist bus. I really hope she didn't get paid a big fee for that article.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:32 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razzy
I thought is was cheap journalism. Her comment about the Creek revealed that she hasnt even been there and seen the trading Dhows and the busy and vibrant activity of the Abra's. She had it seems only been round on the tourist bus. I really hope she didn't get paid a big fee for that article.
True - she seems to have missed that part, however she's hit the nail about one thing:

"Though in Dubai you are surrounded by the poor, who labour on every building site, clean the streets and the houses, and wait on the children, they are as invisible as the plumbing. Here, there is no subsistence; here there is only shopping."

N.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:34 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

what a boring drab article
followtheoil summed her up with his comments