Golfing in Dubai

Old Aug 29th 2004, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Golfing in Dubai

Hi All,
I have recently relocated to Dubai from the UK and prior to that, NZ.
I am a keen golfer and am looking to preferably join a club or at least play on a regular basis.
I am having difficulty finding out what people normally do. I have no interest in forking out massive joining fees and 12500dhs a year to play so i'm wondering whether other golfers join clubs or just pay green fees as and when they play.
Any ideas on the best and cheapest way to play?
Also if anyone has a complete list of membership rates for clubs in dubai i'd appreciate that too.

Regards

Kelvyn D

p.s. are there any representative golfing teams here?

Last edited by kelvynd; Aug 29th 2004 at 8:06 am. Reason: forgot to ask something else
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Golfing in Dubai

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Hi All,
I have recently relocated to Dubai from the UK and prior to that, NZ.
I am a keen golfer and am looking to preferably join a club or at least play on a regular basis.
I am having difficulty finding out what people normally do. I have no interest in forking out massive joining fees and 12500dhs a year to play so i'm wondering whether other golfers join clubs or just pay green fees as and when they play.
Any ideas on the best and cheapest way to play?
Also if anyone has a complete list of membership rates for clubs in dubai i'd appreciate that too.

Regards

Kelvyn D

p.s. are there any representative golfing teams here?
Hi Kelvyn

I'm not actually a golfer myself, but I have friends who are - they inform me that the cheaper golf courses to play on are Nad Al Sheba and Jebel Ali.

Nad Al Sheba Golf Bookings
Members can book tee times up to 8 days in advance, and non-members are welcome to book up to 5 days in advance. E-mail bookings: [email protected]

Telephone bookings: Dubai (+9714) 336 3666
Fax bookings: Dubai (+9714) 336 1624

Tee times are available from 7.30 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Driving range hours are from 7.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. and is open to all.

Nad Al Sheba Club welcomes visitors from all over the world and golfers wishing to play the course may be required to produce a handicap certificate.

Jebel Ali
Info http://www.jebelali-international.co...olf_resort.asp

Sorry I can't give prices but they are a lot cheaper then the Emirates Golf Club and the Montgomerie which I understand to be members only.

Not much help I know, but it may start you off.....