Golf Clubs i nDubai

Golf Clubs i nDubai

Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:39 am
Ryu
Just Joined

Ryu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golf Clubs i nDubai

Hey all,

Can anyone give advice on the best place to buy some golf clubs in Dubai? I'm a beginner so need some clubs for the driving range, thought buying used would be a good idea for a bash around set although want something mid range as I hate cheapo stuff!

Any advice appreciated, I've looked on Dubizzle and Souq and not much on there that took my eye.

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:24 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf Clubs i nDubai

Dubizzle and Souq are your best bet for a local buy. You may be lucky and get sonmething off a noticeboard at one of the supermarkets

Edwin Watts or Golfsmith from US have used sets and offer shipping to Dubai.

Ebay + shop & ship from Uk or US could be another approach. I am just looking at changing my clubs and buying them ex UK then shipping them over is still half the price of buying them here (Bah)

Or talk to either the pro or club repair guys at the range. They normally know if people are uprgrading and selling an old set. Or if you are lucky you may be able to pick up an older set of ex demo clubs....

Last edited by Welivehere; Jul 12th 2010 at 6:32 am.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:51 am
Ryu
Just Joined

Ryu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Dubizzle and Souq are your best bet for a local buy. You may be lucky and get sonmething off a noticeboard at one of the supermarkets

Edwin Watts or Golfsmith from US have used sets and offer shipping to Dubai.

Ebay + shop & ship from Uk or US could be another approach. I am just looking at changing my clubs and buying them ex UK then shipping them over is still half the price of buying them here (Bah)

Or talk to either the pro or club repair guys at the range. They normally know if people are uprgrading and selling an old set. Or if you are lucky you may be able to pick up an older set of ex demo clubs....
Great, thanks for the advice!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

you may get charged duty on imported clubs.

I got charged for set of imported pings from US. Thing is they were not even new (although almost). Delivered to my office so they paid the duty without informing me.

but then again I got a new rescue club from Japan and didn't have to pay anything. I did have to explain to the guy at the post office what it was used for!!!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:51 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Even with Duty improting is still a fook of lot cheaper....

Ping Rapture V2 irons - Riffa 575BD (!!) or

GolfOnLineUK - $735 + say $150 shipping (high) + 5% duty = $930 or 350BD
Edwin Watts - $850 + same $150 shipping (high) + 5% duty = $1050 or 395BD.

Or if you know someone who works in a free zone no duty .....

Even with duty 200 to 250BD saving is well worth ordering abroad.....