Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Golden Bell Auction

Golden Bell Auction

Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:09 am
Just Joined

sleepy3007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golden Bell Auction

does anyone know about this company? How's the cars in the auction? Is this a bargain?

Old Apr 8th 2004, 5:48 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

What you will often find is that the cars go for higher than you would be able to buy them on the market as the bidders will not want to lose face and keep bidding until the first one crumbles.
You can have a walk around the cars and look but you can't takle them for a drive. The best thing to do is find a mechanic who you trust and speaks Arabic as the auctions are in Arabic. He will be able to check the car over to an extent.
It would also be advisable to go to a couple without the intention of buying and see how it goes- compare the prices paid to the prices in the rest Al Awir or Sharjah. Saying that, i know people who have paid extra at 4x4 Motors thinking they were getting peace of mind and found that the cars had been clocked or were older than the sales guy told them. Always get a check-up from a recommended mechanic if you don't know one. If the dealer wont let you take the car off the lot for 2 hours to do so then move on to the next one and forget it. I bought and sold a lot of cars in Dubai and this is all from experience! In Oman I was told never to buy a saloon car from an Arab or a 4x4 from a European as both take them off-road! Always go the other way round!
Old Apr 10th 2004, 1:33 am

philipz is on a distinguished road

Well they are an auction at the Dubai Used Car Complex. Read more about the complex here.