Going Skiing??

Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Mr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant future
Default Going Skiing??

Seems the ski slope at Mall of the Emirates is set to open shortly. Have read it can take 1500 people at a time (it IS bloody huge). Question is, at AED 150 for a couple of hours, kind of limits it to middle-high incomes. If you look at the population here, not too many from the subcontinent will have the slightest clue what it's about. Likewise the GCC nationals, although they have the money to spend finding out how hard it is and will probably lose patience and interest after a few face-plants. Which just leaves us Brits (and a few aussies and other assorted europeans and septics, apologies if you're reading, but then it is britishexpats.com). Hoping once the initial novelty wears off there should be plenty of space for those of us who are really into it and see it as a chance to get ski-fit for the winter hols.

What does everyone think? Am I hallucinating and will it actually be constantly mobbed by clueless Kamikaze pilots in dish-dashes and a constant stream of ambulances outside??
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:23 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Skiing??

Originally Posted by Mr. Logic
other assorted europeans and septics, apologies if you're reading, but then it is britishexpats.com).

Welcome to the site.

Looks like its humour season.

Am I hallucinating and will it actually be constantly mobbed by clueless Kamikaze pilots in dish-dashes and a constant stream of ambulances outside??

They just need a chance dont they?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Mr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant futureMr. Logic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Welcome to the site.

Looks like its humour season.

They just need a chance dont they?
They're all welcome to their shot at winter sports greatness, I for one will enjoy watching that. Bring on the 2022 Dubai Winter Olympics, Italian leather sandals compulsory to give the host nation a chance.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:58 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

They're all welcome to their shot at winter sports greatness, I for one will enjoy watching that. Bring on the 2022 Dubai Winter Olympics, Italian leather sandals compulsory to give the host nation a chance.

You are just too funny
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Since the indoor-skiing was announced I've been counting the days till my burning question is answered.

"Can they ski any better than they drive?"

I'm hoping the answer is "Not at all" so I can go there on Thursdays mornings and watch the gore over a coffee and bagel.

What does everyone think? Am I hallucinating and will it actually be constantly mobbed by clueless Kamikaze pilots in dish-dashes and a constant stream of ambulances outside??
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Since the indoor-skiing was announced I've been counting the days till my burning question is answered.

"Can they ski any better than they drive?"

I'm hoping the answer is "Not at all" so I can go there on Thursdays mornings and watch the gore over a coffee and bagel.
They will slap a Land Cruiser badge on their backs and tailgate us all the way down the slopes......
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:53 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
They will slap a Land Cruiser badge on their backs and tailgate us all the way down the slopes......
While holding 2 flashing 10,000 watt halogen lamps and wearing wrap around tinted sunglasses...
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Autonomy
While holding 2 flashing 10,000 watt halogen lamps and wearing wrap around tinted sunglasses...
Dont forget;One bare foot on an imaginary dashboard.....
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:39 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
Dont forget;One bare foot on an imaginary dashboard.....
whilst carrying a small screaming child....
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:51 am