going to court

Old Aug 22nd 2019, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default going to court

So I have a court hearing on 2nd Sept, in the traffic court.
Anyone had any experience in having disputed a traffic fine and then having to go to court?
(I got fined for apparently not indicating when changing lanes (which granted, I do occasionally) but the date and time of the alleged offence was when i was in the office and hence the dispute.)
Old Aug 25th 2019, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: going to court

Originally Posted by mission
So I have a court hearing on 2nd Sept, in the traffic court.
Anyone had any experience in having disputed a traffic fine and then having to go to court?
(I got fined for apparently not indicating when changing lanes (which granted, I do occasionally) but the date and time of the alleged offence was when i was in the office and hence the dispute.)
No but good luck. I can only imagine that it's probably completely accurate and you just got the days muddled.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth the faff?

We've all heard of folk being done for something when out of the country etc but unless its black points and a mega fine id just pay it a moan for a few weeks.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
No but good luck. I can only imagine that it's probably completely accurate and you just got the days muddled.
bog off lol

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Is it worth the faff?

We've all heard of folk being done for something when out of the country etc but unless its black points and a mega fine id just pay it a moan for a few weeks.
To be honest when i filled out the online dispute form, i just figured they would review what i had written and then would simply come back to me to say either i have no choice but to pay it, or have it waivered. When i got the SMS to say my case had been 'accepted' and that i will be notified of a court hearing date - i did think at that time, i was better off just paying the bl00dy fine. But now i feel i have no choice but to attend the hearing in case they end up charging me some extortionate amount for not turning up in court and wasting court time etc. I was also hand delivered a letter (all in arabic) confirming my court appearance. Fortunately my Arabic colleague will come along with me.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 10:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

bog off lol

To be honest when i filled out the online dispute form, i just figured they would review what i had written and then would simply come back to me to say either i have no choice but to pay it, or have it waivered. When i got the SMS to say my case had been 'accepted' and that i will be notified of a court hearing date - i did think at that time, i was better off just paying the bl00dy fine. But now i feel i have no choice but to attend the hearing in case they end up charging me some extortionate amount for not turning up in court and wasting court time etc. I was also hand delivered a letter (all in arabic) confirming my court appearance. Fortunately my Arabic colleague will come along with me.
Hand delivered letter in Arabic asking me to go to court?

My arsehole would have twitched so much my head fell through it.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hand delivered letter in Arabic asking me to go to court?

My arsehole would have twitched so much my head fell through it.
Are they public? I'd love to go along and watch mission defend herself.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm keen. Maybe we could make a banner to show our support.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Vid.

Old Aug 27th 2019, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pair of p*ss takers lol
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

so folks quick update.
went to court yesterday .....it was a little nerve racking if i'm to be honest.....was told to be there for 8am....got there on time......we were are asked to take a sit in the lobby area....around 8.30am they tell us to make our way into the courtroom....one of the court clerks ticks off your attendance on his sheet....you are told where to sit....men and women are sat separately but of course in the same court room......there were probably around 20 or so people in court (all there for the same reason ie disputing their traffic violation) i was the only female It is pin drop silence in the courtroom. Before the judges arrive they inform us that an interpreter will be available who will translate any dialogue between the judge and us. Three judges walk in and sit down - the judge in the middle does all the talking. They call each of us one by one...we have to go stand in front of the judge and basically plead/explain why we are objecting. Although there were only approx 20 of us in court...they read out the names of all the cases for that day and i would say there were probably around 50 - of which only 20 of us showed up. 95% of the people were arabic speaking and so i couldn't make out what their issue was. There was only me and two other people who were in there disputing speeding fines (me brit, one guy aussie and one guy desi)...all the others were involved in some kind of vehicle accident leading to either injury to other people, damage to public property or damage to another car.
I get called up...interpreter asked me what i objection is and i say i was in the office, with my car parked at the date and time the fine was issued - i will literally only standing there for like half a min. I was then told to sit back down. Once everyone had their say....the judges left for deliberation and we were told to wait for their verdict. After about half an hour one of the court clerks gets handed some paper work and he then starts to our call out our names and inform us whether our case has been cancelled (ie our objections accepted) or otherwise. My case along with the two people who were also disputing their fines was cancelled . All we had to end up paying was AED 30.
I have to say, in all, it wasn't such a bad experience.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 10:27 am
Account Closed

so folks quick update.
went to court yesterday .....it was a little nerve racking if i'm to be honest.....was told to be there for 8am....got there on time......we were are asked to take a sit in the lobby area....around 8.30am they tell us to make our way into the courtroom....one of the court clerks ticks off your attendance on his sheet....you are told where to sit....men and women are sat separately but of course in the same court room......there were probably around 20 or so people in court (all there for the same reason ie disputing their traffic violation) i was the only female It is pin drop silence in the courtroom. Before the judges arrive they inform us that an interpreter will be available who will translate any dialogue between the judge and us. Three judges walk in and sit down - the judge in the middle does all the talking. They call each of us one by one...we have to go stand in front of the judge and basically plead/explain why we are objecting. Although there were only approx 20 of us in court...they read out the names of all the cases for that day and i would say there were probably around 50 - of which only 20 of us showed up. 95% of the people were arabic speaking and so i couldn't make out what their issue was. There was only me and two other people who were in there disputing speeding fines (me brit, one guy aussie and one guy desi)...all the others were involved in some kind of vehicle accident leading to either injury to other people, damage to public property or damage to another car.
I get called up...interpreter asked me what i objection is and i say i was in the office, with my car parked at the date and time the fine was issued - i will literally only standing there for like half a min. I was then told to sit back down. Once everyone had their say....the judges left for deliberation and we were told to wait for their verdict. After about half an hour one of the court clerks gets handed some paper work and he then starts to our call out our names and inform us whether our case has been cancelled (ie our objections accepted) or otherwise. My case along with the two people who were also disputing their fines was cancelled . All we had to end up paying was AED 30.
Sounds like an awesome experience.
Well done for seeing it through and fighting the good fight. Good work.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on getting one on the system
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like an awesome experience.
Well done for seeing it through and fighting the good fight. Good work.
Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Congrats on getting one on the system
Thanks guys....there was this one guy who was like in a holding cell with a hatch which the judges and those who were in the front row could see into and from which the guy could be heard pleading his case .....when the judges went for deliberation i asked the interpreter what the story was with that guy and why he was segregated from the rest of us. The guy had been in some major accident and had tried to abscond after the incident and so they had to arrest him and hold him in jail until his case came to court. The guy was explaining that he was on some sort of 'controlled' drugs (prescribed drugs) and that even though he knew he shouldn't be driving, he still took the wheel because he wasn't aware of what he was doing . Basically blaming the accident on the drugs. No idea what his outcome was since i left after getting my all clear.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Charl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at you all legally blonde and stuff.....

Well done firstly for arriving on time (and date) at the court
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

#Justice4Mission

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.