Reload this Page >

Giving birth in Doha

Giving birth in Doha

Old Jan 14th 2015, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

nisha.rama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Giving birth in Doha

Hello Everyone,
I am from the UK and was hoping someone could help, are you able to have a natural birth in Doha? Are there any UK midwives here that have moved out already? It would be great to know what the realities are and hopefully put my mind at ease. My husband and I are planning to come out, it is a possibility at the moment- so doing research. My husband has previously worked in Doha a couple of years ago, but I stayed here at the time. We now have a one year old so would move out together, and baby no 2 is on the cards. Any help would be so appreciated. Many Thanks, Nish
Old Jan 16th 2015, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving birth in Doha

I know from other mothers that you can find a good support for natural birth and breast-feeding. As in other "western" places, you have to find the midwives and the hospital you trust but I have heard good stories about it. Of course you may always find the hospital that asks you if you want to do a natural delivery or a caesar section as if they were two equivalent choices, but if you are actively looking for natural birth you are aware of this and can just say "no" and go elsewhere. So I would not worry. I recommend you to subscribe to the forum "expat woman" and ask there. For sure there will be a lot of women who can recommend you the best way. You can also search the posts on that forum before making your questions, as you might find your answer ready. I myself am quite expert in helping mums to breastfeed as, during and after a 2 years long breastfeeding I volunteered in a breast feeding mutual-aid group for mums. good luck and welcome in Doha!