British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Gimme help! movin to Jeddah (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/gimme-help-movin-jeddah-552948/)

pj44 Aug 3rd 2008 10:12 am

Gimme help! movin to Jeddah

Hi anybody,

sitting at home in bonny Scotland shi..ing myself - about to accept an offer to work in construction on FAUST uni outside Jeddah.

I have been offered initial accomm in Jeddah at hotel/apartment called Topaz1on Herra St.
anybody heard of it?
Any advise - apart from don't come!

Cheers

PJ44:curse:

Alexa Aug 3rd 2008 6:26 pm

Re: Gimme help! movin to Jeddah

Originally Posted by pj44 (Post 6640979)
Hi anybody,

sitting at home in bonny Scotland shi..ing myself - about to accept an offer to work in construction on FAUST uni outside Jeddah.

I have been offered initial accomm in Jeddah at hotel/apartment called Topaz1on Herra St.
anybody heard of it?
Any advise - apart from don't come!

Cheers

PJ44:curse:

It is actually KAUST.........wouldn't want you to get lost 'cause you don't know the name of the company you'll be working for, would we?

typical Aug 4th 2008 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Lady Lou (Post 6641899)
It is actually KAUST.........wouldn't want you to get lost 'cause you don't know the name of the company you'll be working for, would we?

What was the story behind Faust again? Pact with the Devil in return for knowledge? Clearly not appropriate at all... :sneaky:

pj44 Aug 4th 2008 6:41 pm

:thumbsup:Thanks for the replies,
I shall try not to get lost on arrival!
Let's hope it was definitely as spelling mistake and not a freudian slip.
In the meantime do either of you know if Herra Street in jeddah is a reasonable place to live?

Cheers,

pj44.

Alexa Aug 4th 2008 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by pj44 (Post 6645036)
:thumbsup:Thanks for the replies,
I shall try not to get lost on arrival!
Let's hope it was definitely as spelling mistake and not a freudian slip.
In the meantime do either of you know if Herra Street in jeddah is a reasonable place to live?

Cheers,

pj44.

I would say the only decent place to live anywhere in KSA is a big ,western compound...but that is me. Other people may see that differently.
sorry, lived in Riyadh, don't know Jeddah.

addyonline Aug 5th 2008 11:17 am

hey, are you in jeddah or still in scotland ?

lionheart Aug 5th 2008 1:11 pm

Herra Street is pretty long so you need more specific location details. What really concerns me is the word "outside" coz all that you will find outside Jeddah are deserts, mountains and the sea.

addyonline Aug 5th 2008 7:08 pm

KAUST is the middle of the desert. Why are they giving you a place to live in heera street ? Thats 45 mins drive !

nottmbantam Aug 5th 2008 9:27 pm

I don't know Heera St, but then, I wouldn't , cos I live in Riyadh.

BUT - I am about to relocate to Jeddah, will be living in Sierra compound , an Arabian Homes compound.

Give us a shout when your there and let us know how your getting along. I'll be in Jeddah late August.

Eva Aug 5th 2008 10:04 pm

I would really, really like to see a 'Please' from OP.....
I know .....I'm fussy for detail....