Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Gigs / Live music in Dubai

Gigs / Live music in Dubai

Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:52 pm
W10

Default Re: Gigs / Live music in Dubai

The DJ from Groove Armada played a set here once. It was excellent. Lots of bemused looking people though. He was throwing all sorts of weird stuff into his set.

Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

meanwhile, trilogy rooftop is apparently reopening on thursday...hurrah!!!

MM, xx
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Im way too old for that malarky.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:37 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
oh really....and what about the inside bit...
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:59 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
Electric Warrior was the first album I ever bought...Marc Bolan lives!
Erm, actually, no he doesn't!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh really....and what about the inside bit...
no, i've heard it's just the rooftop...that's the only bit i was bothered about anyway!!

MM, xx
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:05 pm
W10

no, i've heard it's just the rooftop...that's the only bit i was bothered about anyway!!

MM, xx
It used to be great, until the housewives discovered it

Last time I went there was a fantastic DJ mixing up soul, jazz and urban beats and a bunch of people looking bemused and refusing to dance.

Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by W10
It used to be great, until the housewives discovered it
whatever...i've been going for the last 2 1/2 years, and still love it...

MM, xx
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Rachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks y'all! Atleast i know i should definately fly back to the UK for Glastonbury afterall..... TRex and Erasure, ahhhhh :curse:
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:59 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachatron
Thanks y'all! Atleast i know i should definately fly back to the UK for Glastonbury afterall..... TRex and Erasure, ahhhhh :curse:
Nothing can ever beat Glasto...

The music scene here is kind of like the city - once it was a barren desert but there is signs of growth... there is an active and reasonable local live scene with support from radio (Dubai 92 on Friday nights with Zara and Radio 1) plus Dubai Lime amoungst others.

It's really tough to get bands to play here - the costs set the bar too high plus sponsorship is a major part of revenue here and it's hard enough to get sponsorship for Shakira nevermind Bloc Party....

There are some very exciting venues proposed from 2-3,000 capacity through to 18,000 arenas....

The promoter scene is also changing... CSM are doing good things with the Desert Rock and Urban festivals... changes at Mirage....

In the next 2 years there will be significant change I think... for the better.

And if only 9714 and iBO can find another basement then we'll all be happy as fleas on the nose of a camel.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Bon Jovi are coming....May 20th...(don't shoot the messenger)
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Bon Jovi are coming....May 20th...(don't shoot the messenger)
I want tickets for that! Any more info MH?
I'll have to play on the internet this morning - no work getting done AGAIN!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Their website says they are in Georgia on the 1st then Germany on the 22nd. No mention of the UAE
Thats a hell of a gap, maybe they are going to put a couple of dates inbetween.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:20 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Chris79
Their website says they are in Georgia on the 1st then Germany on the 22nd. No mention of the UAE
Thats a hell of a gap, maybe they are going to put a couple of dates inbetween.
just heard it on the radio this morning...apparently it's also been in the newspaper (not sure which one)
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
I'm off to Chi at the lodge tonight, its going to be overprices and I'm going to feel old aren't I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.