Reload this Page >

GF now in KC, looking for accomodation to visit

GF now in KC, looking for accomodation to visit

Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

ck1234567 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GF now in KC, looking for accomodation to visit

Hello all--

Never expected to be visiting the Middle East actually, but my Asian girlfriend decided to better her life, by taking a job abroad there.... near you at Yas Rotana Island.

I was honestly not happy to see her choose a culture & land so foreign to her own, but I love her, and respect her 2-3 yr commitment to raise her life to a better level than it was in her beautiful, but poor & opportunity-less, homeland.

So, it looks like i must educate myself on where she lives, how to get there, where i can sleep, what there is to do in the area. I know the flites etc will be expensive, as seems to be the living standard there. Maybe I can take advantage of all the experience & knowledge the folks on this forum have, and i thank you all sincerely in advance.

I am based in europe, but do travel to australia, asia & the usa several times/yr for work projects. Am thinking of trying to visit my gal asap, and i see there are reasonable flites RT from london on Qatar for 300-400euro sometimes.

My girl works at Yas Rotana Island, and lives in KC, taking an employee bus daily to work. She does not know the area yet to advise me about where to get a room. I cannot visit her at her all-female dorm room. She does not have frequent access to internet. My wish is to find a modest, economical room in KC, I assume, with in-room wifi wireless internet, where she can stay with me, and i can work days on my computer, while she is at work. It seems that local hotels are quite expensive. Can anyone recommend an accomodation in KC, where I can come stay 3-4x a year for 3-10 days to share some quality time with my girlfriend, yet be very comfortable for her, and her work? Or is KC so quiet that I should seek Abu Dhabi as a place to stay?

I need to find a way for her also to have regular internet access, so we can talk on Skype( does it work in UAE??) or some form of webcam( YM, MSN? --I am not very sharp with computers), so any advice would be appreciated. Would a used laptop in your area be very expensive to buy?

Is driving advisable for an american/european in your area? Shall i rent a car? i am thinking of trying to do my 1st visit for 4 days in 2 weeks, nov 23-27.

THANK YOU All for any assistance or support you can give me, and my gal. Maybe at some point, someone here can meet us for a meal or glass of wine..

Best...ck
Old Nov 12th 2009, 5:57 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GF now in KC, looking for accomodation to visit

Originally Posted by ck1234567
Hello all--

Never expected to be visiting the Middle East actually, but my Asian girlfriend decided to better her life, by taking a job abroad there.... near you at Yas Rotana Island.

I was honestly not happy to see her choose a culture & land so foreign to her own, but I love her, and respect her 2-3 yr commitment to raise her life to a better level than it was in her beautiful, but poor & opportunity-less, homeland.

So, it looks like i must educate myself on where she lives, how to get there, where i can sleep, what there is to do in the area. I know the flites etc will be expensive, as seems to be the living standard there. Maybe I can take advantage of all the experience & knowledge the folks on this forum have, and i thank you all sincerely in advance.

I am based in europe, but do travel to australia, asia & the usa several times/yr for work projects. Am thinking of trying to visit my gal asap, and i see there are reasonable flites RT from london on Qatar for 300-400euro sometimes.

My girl works at Yas Rotana Island, and lives in KC, taking an employee bus daily to work. She does not know the area yet to advise me about where to get a room. I cannot visit her at her all-female dorm room. She does not have frequent access to internet. My wish is to find a modest, economical room in KC, I assume, with in-room wifi wireless internet, where she can stay with me, and i can work days on my computer, while she is at work. It seems that local hotels are quite expensive. Can anyone recommend an accomodation in KC, where I can come stay 3-4x a year for 3-10 days to share some quality time with my girlfriend, yet be very comfortable for her, and her work? Or is KC so quiet that I should seek Abu Dhabi as a place to stay?

I need to find a way for her also to have regular internet access, so we can talk on Skype( does it work in UAE??) or some form of webcam( YM, MSN? --I am not very sharp with computers), so any advice would be appreciated. Would a used laptop in your area be very expensive to buy?

Is driving advisable for an american/european in your area? Shall i rent a car? i am thinking of trying to do my 1st visit for 4 days in 2 weeks, nov 23-27.

THANK YOU All for any assistance or support you can give me, and my gal. Maybe at some point, someone here can meet us for a meal or glass of wine..

Best...ck
Have to admit I am confused as hell about where you are asking about...

KC, to me, means Kuwait City, yet you are asking about Skype in UAE...

Maybe its coz I dont get out much but have never heard of Yas Rotana island either..

Can you confirm which city and country your lass is living/working in??
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yas Island Rotana, is a new Rotana hotel on Yas Island, I assume she is living in Khalifa City ?

N
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:37 am
Just Joined

KC = Khalifa City. This is where her female dorm is, and she has signed a 3-yr contract to work at Yas Island Rotana, the new resort hotel near the racetrack.

Since she will be living there now, I must figure out what it takes to travel there, where i can economically stay while visiting her, get to know the area, and figure out how we can communicate--seems like cellphones are too expensive.

Am hoping to make my 1st trip there next week from London, and I welcome any practical advice that this forum's readers may be able to offer me in getting acclimated and up to speed on what the area is all about.

Tyvm.....ck
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You presumably know that co-habiting for an unmarried couple is illegal?
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Are you Serious???
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:58 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Are you Serious???
I guess that's a no, then.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:12 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you Serious???
If you didn't know that, you really ought to do some more local research.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Yes, this is all new to me. Never been in an Arab country. Girlfriend surprised me suddenly taking this job .

I guess this will not be a very nice chapter in our lives...
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Your girlfirend took a job without telling you, signs a three year contract, moves to another country, lives in an all female dorm and in a place where co-habiting is illegal?

You don't think that perhaps she was trying to tell you something?

-
Old Nov 12th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Your girlfirend took a job without telling you, signs a three year contract, moves to another country, lives in an all female dorm and in a place where co-habiting is illegal?

-
ha ha, too funny meow
Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow

-
Thank you for your sensitive insight and analysis. It is true that i have been struggling for some time with my relationship with my girlfriend, wondering about her sincerity and intentions...and if I should invest any more of my emotions, time, money.

Pls forgive me, however, if i do not solicit you for financial planning services though. I sense that I have chosen in error a forum to help me with my situation at this time.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 5:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your sensitive insight and analysis. It is true that i have been struggling for some time with my relationship with my girlfriend, wondering about her sincerity and intentions...and if I should invest any more of my emotions, time, money.

Pls forgive me, however, if i do not solicit you for financial planning services though. I sense that I have chosen in error a forum to help me with my situation at this time.
Well, if you are that sensitive then perhaps you shouldn't be posting anywhere...

If you are admitting that you are unsure of the young lasses intentions towards your relationship, and having now found out the situation regarding the situation in the UAE ref. co-habitation etc, you woudl surely ask yourself the same question...

Did she know how it is in AbDab and she may use this is an excuse not to see me, but still leech me for 'financial assistance'....
Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:08 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

this has to be a wind up??? surely..

I was at the YAS rotana last night, whats her name, ill give her the news that your coming over
Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean you have a job waiting here for you?

If so, do you get a ''package''? This means you will get allowances for accomadation etc.

If your just coming in on a visit visa you wouldnt be able to rent a place as I'm sure you have to show a copy of residence visa..it would have to be a hotel stay, which would mean a lot of expense and to be honest, I think having an Asian girl visit and stay overnight in hotels here, might be frowned upon(see ladies of the night thread) which you posted on.

Internet cafes are all over the city so it's easy to have some kind of internet acsess.

Has your girl told you what hours she will be working? as it will probably be 12 hour shifts with 1 day off.

I would re read your post and have a word with yourself. Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.