British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   getting your car checked. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/getting-your-car-checked-579482/)

ximmyx Dec 20th 2008 9:33 am

getting your car checked.

Hi everyone.

does anyone no any places in dubai where i can go get my car checked without having to go to the main dealer and paying stupid prices?!

If anyone knows any places in abu dhabi that would be much appreciated aswell.

thank you:thumbup:

benzonar Dec 20th 2008 9:40 am

Re: getting your car checked.

I know in AD there are a load of auto shops on Salaam Street between 9th(Falah St) and 11th(Defence Rd)

commander Dec 20th 2008 10:48 am

Come to mussaffah industrial estate. Loads of places.
Some dodgy as ****, some not so

Norm_uk Dec 21st 2008 5:58 am

Originally Posted by ximmyx (Post 7085059)
Hi everyone.

does anyone no any places in dubai where i can go get my car checked without having to go to the main dealer and paying stupid prices?!

A check up is one thing but if you're changing parts in this place and don't go to the main dealer you're quite mad to be honest...some VERY dodgy parts here.

What kind of car do you drive? I know a couple of good mechanics who can do a decent check up.

N.

Tiger989 Dec 22nd 2008 8:03 am

Hi everyone.

In Abu Dhabi its Mussafah, and in Dubai its either AlQuoz or In Sharjah the industrial area. Depending what type of car what model etc.. I wouldn't take it to any garage as none of them are actually qualified

Border Reiver Dec 24th 2008 3:16 am

Depending on what you need the FastTrack places at the Emarat Petrol stations are pretty good for straightforward stuff. Owned by Al Futtaim so they use genuine parts but are cheaper than the Al Futtaim main dealers and really quick- I had a set of front brake pads changed in less time than it took me to drink a can of Pepsi.

Viewsoniczee Dec 25th 2008 9:29 am

Hi everyone.

ever heard about Tasjeel? and you can go to any auto computer testing shop and they will tell you about the hidden accident, repaint jobs, condition of the gear box and engine. for 100 dhs only. I am not sure about the reverse clocking of the meter, for that you must get in touch with dealer.