British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Getting a UK Mortgage from Dubai? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/getting-uk-mortgage-dubai-555713/)

Bison Aug 17th 2008 7:13 am

Getting a UK Mortgage from Dubai?

Hi Guys,

I need some advice as I have found a nice 4 bed property back home that I want to buy.

I am a first time buyer so am just starting to research mortgage options but basically need to know how to get a Mortgage in the UK whilst living and working in Dubai?

I will be renting the property out to family once I have purchased it.

Can anyone advise.

B

Border Reiver Aug 17th 2008 7:20 am

Re: Getting a UK Mortgage from Dubai?

HSBC Offshore on Beach Road will fix you up with a UK mortgage based on your Dubai income. I've mortgaged through them and it was all fairly painless. Other than that I think Meow knows of some options so you could try a PM to her.

Autonomy Aug 17th 2008 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 6687222)
HSBC Offshore on Beach Road will fix you up with a UK mortgage based on your Dubai income. I've mortgaged through them and it was all fairly painless. Other than that I think Meow knows of some options so you could try a PM to her.

Do you know what criteria they base your mortgage limit on - is it like the UK where it is something like 3.5 times your annual salary for a couple? Also - what deposit are they looking at? Cheers!

Bison Aug 17th 2008 8:59 am

Do you know what criteria they base your mortgage limit on - is it like the UK where it is something like 3.5 times your annual salary for a couple? Also - what deposit are they looking at? Cheers!
Yeah that would be good to know, also if I moved back to the UK after taking a mortgage through these guys would it be a hassle or is everything then just transferred to the UK?

B

Meow Aug 18th 2008 10:57 am

I can certainly help if you'd like to contact me by PM.

(Belated response as I've been away.)

-

Autonomy Aug 18th 2008 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6690448)
I can certainly help if you'd like to contact me by PM.

(Belated response as I've been away.)

-

indeed... *cough* *Belated response* hope you and the old man had fun with the fish... :)

Spugsy Aug 18th 2008 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 6690542)
indeed... *cough* *Belated response* hope you and the old man had fun with the fish... :)

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Blue Cat Aug 18th 2008 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6690603)
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Meow has just visited the Maldives :)

Spugsy Aug 19th 2008 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6690881)
Meow has just visited the Maldives :)

ooh the jammy cow.

MrsHaps Aug 19th 2008 6:21 am

me and the hubby were just talking about this the other day, can you get a UK mortgage using your employment here? We have a house, we do not rent it out my sister house sits for us. Our fixed rate still has over a year left on it thank god but i was wondering how we go about a remortgage.... do we really want them in the UK to know how much we were earning over here!!!??

Ta muchy

Norm_uk Aug 22nd 2008 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6692858)
me and the hubby were just talking about this the other day, can you get a UK mortgage using your employment here? We have a house, we do not rent it out my sister house sits for us. Our fixed rate still has over a year left on it thank god but i was wondering how we go about a remortgage.... do we really want them in the UK to know how much we were earning over here!!!??

Ta muchy

Why would you want a UK mortgage if you are when there are some lovely offshore mortgages that can save you money.

I know a very good broker who is UK qualified...PM me if you want the details.

N.

Meow Aug 24th 2008 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6692858)

Ta muchy

Yes, you can get a mortgage in the UK based on overseas income. You may qualify for an international mortgage (strict criteria) but if you really want a fixed rate you would need to apply for a UK loan.

I can assist if you are interested (still UK as well as UAE authorised to provide advice).

-

username 34 Aug 24th 2008 2:28 pm

we've just tried to remortgage our UK property (we rent it out) and its been a LIVING NIGHTMARE!

with the credit problems they are finding any excuse not to lend as many banks physically dont have the money to lend, especially for buy to let. We have a small mortgage (under 80k), equity is 80% of the property and we have 11 years left of a mortgage life and our income is six figures. These are all the companies that 3 years ago when we last looked at new terms were biting our arm off to get our business.

Didnt matter one bit - even our existing company we've been with for 7 years wouldnt give us a new deal as they are not issuing any new mortgage terms so we've been sitting on their variable rate ever since May.

Got other quotes - 3 intotal would give us a mortgage out of over 90 companies - and after months of very tiring proof of address (we live in company house with everything paid for by the company so we have no utility bills etc...) a load of stupid safety measures they wanted we pulled out. We're better off sitting on our existing companies variable rate until they offer new deals, dont have to pay new arrangment fees and go through all the crap again.