Getting satellite

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting satellite

Ok what do I need to do to get satellite tv in, also broadband / landline?

Can I do this online?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting satellite

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok what do I need to do to get satellite tv in, also broadband / landline?

Can I do this online?
I sorted my satellite TV out from one of the showtime stalls in the malls. All i needed was my credit details (didn't need visa/passport etc)

You can apply for the internet online, just go onto Etisalat website. I just nipped into one of the offices one night after work.

It was quite painless, unlike other things here!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you need a copy of your visa and the lease on your villa and as that is in your company name I suspect that you may well need a letter from them. The Showtime office is in Media City - Building 14. www.showtimearabia.com - contact information should be on here. Don't bother with Orbit it is crap. Showtime is good for the footy, I see our team actually managed to win something!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

AD must be slightly different than D. I didn't need to show anything! Oh well... GL
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

we had to take our lease etc, but that might have been more for the phone line and internet connection than the Satellite, but we did it all in the same place on the same day. Spugsy just thought - the office in Media City is for DU and you will need Etisalat so you will have to go to their Head Office at Defence roundabout for the phone/internet stuff.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris79
AD must be slightly different than D. I didn't need to show anything! Oh well... GL

strange, i have evision with Etisalat (phone, internet and TV) and i had to show copy of rental, NOC letter from office etc

I live in AD
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
strange, i have evision with Etisalat (phone, internet and TV) and i had to show copy of rental, NOC letter from office etc

I live in AD
Guess I've just been lucky! They must've thought you looked like a dodgy charactor
Whats Evision like, I should have looked into getting everything from one provider. Does it do all the sport like Showtime does?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Here in Dubai for Etisalat phone and internet I had to submit copies of my rental agreement and passport pages.

Phone was done quickly, but they messed up the bill, overcharge, and that dispute is ongoing. :curse:

Internet - nearly 3 weeks now and nothing has happened - 'problem at the exchange.' :curse:

Although in theory you could apply online, I do not know how that would work regarding document copies. I applied in person at the Etisalat office inside the computer mall above KFC/McD's opposite Ramada/Spinneys in Bur Dubai.

Last edited by Bonny Boy; Mar 23rd 2008 at 5:32 am. Reason: Sp
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I've just been lucky! They must've thought you looked like a dodgy charactor
Whats Evision like, I should have looked into getting everything from one provider. Does it do all the sport like Showtime does?
admittedly i am pretty shady...

Evision gives you the option of showtime, orbit and all the other guff.....
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Think I prefer living in AD. Everything doesn't seem as chaotic and mad here
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:46 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
Here in Dubai for Etisalat phone and internet I had to submit copies of my rental agreement and passport pages.

Phone was done quickly, but they messed up the bill, overcharge, and that dispute is ongoing. :curse:

Internet - nearly 3 weeks now and nothing has happened - 'problem at the exchange.' :curse:

Although in theory you could apply online, I do not know how that would work regarding document copies. I applied in person at the Etisalat office inside the computer mall above KFC/McD's opposite Ramada/Spinneys in Bur Dubai.
I thoght that office was for business users only, everything changes by the minute here, it drives you round the bend! I waited 3 months for a land line and internet connection with DU
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I thoght that office was for business users only, everything changes by the minute here, it drives you round the bend! I waited 3 months for a land line and internet connection with DU
You've just hit the nail right on the head there. I've only been here 5 months and numerous procedures have changed while I've been here. It all depends on who you talk to in the offices etc. One person gives one bit of advice, his/her colleague the next day will probably give exactly the opposite!!
Never mind, it keeps you on your toes!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:33 am
Concierge

You've just hit the nail right on the head there. I've only been here 5 months and numerous procedures have changed while I've been here. It all depends on who you talk to in the offices etc. One person gives one bit of advice, his/her colleague the next day will probably give exactly the opposite!!
Never mind, it keeps you on your toes!

my advise is always the same, take every bit of paper known to man along with 10 passport photos and you should get a result
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:22 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you need a copy of your visa and the lease on your villa and as that is in your company name I suspect that you may well need a letter from them. The Showtime office is in Media City - Building 14. www.showtimearabia.com - contact information should be on here. Don't bother with Orbit it is crap. Showtime is good for the footy, I see our team actually managed to win something!
yeah the showtime packages look good, one for dir 399 that has all the sports, movies etc, bbc food and a few other half decent channels, they dont have a massive list mind, but it looks ok. Also they do the showbox, like skyplus back home, funnily enough no prices on there though.

Any idea if the prices are set in stone? you can usually haggle them down back home or try and get a deal.

And aye, a great result finally for the Toon, did you see the weather? christ...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:36 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah the showtime packages look good, one for dir 399 that has all the sports, movies etc, bbc food and a few other half decent channels, they dont have a massive list mind, but it looks ok. Also they do the showbox, like skyplus back home, funnily enough no prices on there though.

Any idea if the prices are set in stone? you can usually haggle them down back home or try and get a deal.

And aye, a great result finally for the Toon, did you see the weather? christ...
bloody awful weather! Jeez thank god we are here You can't haggle. The showbox is 1000 dhs or was, sometimes they have deals on though where you get a month free etc. We pay 149 for our package but we don't have the showmovies bit, never watch movies so no point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.