Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Getting married in UAE

Getting married in UAE

Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:03 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting married in UAE

We decided against getting married in the UK after discovering how much a marriage visa costs
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

i think its no longer possible to get married in Sharia courts unless you are muslim. and there are no non-muslim civil weddings.

before I left Dubai I got maried. we went to Sri Lanka to do it. very easy process.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Everyone seems to be getting married at the moment. I have 2 weddings to attend this week (both at St. Andrews). I think it's because of the change in the Visa laws.

It would be helpful to establish once and for all whether it is possible to have a non-religious wedding here. Does anybody have any contacts in the municipality? Not for me, I'm not getting married, but might be helpful for others.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

It would be helpful to establish once and for all whether it is possible to have a non-religious wedding here.

According to the British Embassy only in extreme circumstances (Did niot give an example) can you get married outside a church in Dubai anyway. Opposite to back in the UK if you are divorced another marriage in church is a no no, you have to use the registry office or a.n.other licensed premises.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

0506999826 mohammed is the guy who arranged our and many other sharia weddings in abu dhabi xxx good luck
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Heres what I gathered so far.

I cannot register my wife at the registery office in the UK because we need to be resident there.

How do I get her papers sorted? How can I let the UK know that this woman is my wife.

Anyway, am taking an attested marriage certificate with me from here... maybe it will be helpful in the UK.

I want my wife to be registered somewhere in the UK so that in the future I can apply for nationality or somethin.

Thanks for your views everyone.

Inv.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Ok guys I got it fixed.

I got the Marriage Contract attested at Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Labour. I thought hey I might as well take it to the British Embassy and get their stamps on it too since am goin to UK.

I got told no, the UAE stamps are recognised in the UK.... so no need to get it attested at the B/E.

What a wasted trip!

Thats all... wanted to share that with ya. Cheers!

Inv.