Getting eaten alive

Getting eaten alive

Old Dec 3rd 2021, 5:28 pm
fdc
Just Joined

fdc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting eaten alive

Hi all

Moved to Dubai in September, now living in Mira off Al Qudra Street. The past couple of weeks we've all suddenly started getting eaten alive if we sit in the garden (we've only started sitting out there fairly recently though, due to change in temperatures), and now think we're getting bitten in doors too. I'm thinking sand flies or something, given we're basically in the desert out these ways, and I've not heard any mosquitos.

Any one know if this is common? And, what do people recommend in terms of repellent that's available over here -- and i guess more fundamentally how to get rid of the bastards! We've got that astroturf 'landscaping', which has a fair bit of sand sitting on top of it which i can imagine could be crawling in sand flies etc...

Old Dec 4th 2021, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting eaten alive

Originally Posted by fdc
Hi all

Moved to Dubai in September, now living in Mira off Al Qudra Street. The past couple of weeks we've all suddenly started getting eaten alive if we sit in the garden (we've only started sitting out there fairly recently though, due to change in temperatures), and now think we're getting bitten in doors too. I'm thinking sand flies or something, given we're basically in the desert out these ways, and I've not heard any mosquitos.

Any one know if this is common? And, what do people recommend in terms of repellent that's available over here -- and i guess more fundamentally how to get rid of the bastards! We've got that astroturf 'landscaping', which has a fair bit of sand sitting on top of it which i can imagine could be crawling in sand flies etc...
i know a few people who live in Mira and it’s never been mentioned but I’ll ask ….. I know of other areas that get plagued with mosquitoes and have friends who have called in professional pest control to rid them … you can use repellent and candles but if they are nesting or you have something in your garden causing the problem these are only a temp solutions.