Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Getting documents certified

Getting documents certified

Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:29 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting documents certified

I need to get some documents certified ASAP. Can anyone recommend where go go? Does it generally have to be a lawyer that certifies documents?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting documents certified

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
I need to get some documents certified ASAP. Can anyone recommend where go go? Does it generally have to be a lawyer that certifies documents?
are they british documents? you might have to go to the embassy to get them done!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:06 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
are they british documents? you might have to go to the embassy to get them done!
Most of them are local docs, things like bank statements and passport. I believe a lawyer can do them. It is just to state that they are in fact original docs.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:13 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We got all our documents signed by a solicitor. We just rang them up, made an appointment for that day, went down, got them signed, payed them. 5 pound per doc.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:16 am
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
We got all our documents signed by a solicitor. We just rang them up, made an appointment for that day, went down, got them signed, payed them. 5 pound per doc.
Thanks. I am in Dubai so need to get them done here. Better start getting on the blower to see if I can find a lawyer around here.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I am in Dubai so need to get them done here. Better start getting on the blower to see if I can find a lawyer around here.
Try James Berry legal associates
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

[email protected]
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:26 pm
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Try James Berry legal associates
Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Thanks ladies

I remembered this guy being mentioned previously and I gave them a call earlier today and yes, they can do it all for me.

But prior to my brainwave, I called a few other British law firms and realised I was getting nowhere fast, particularly when the receptionist at one place asked me what I meant by certifying documents. Another firm told me that I would not find a solicitor in Dubai to do this for me.

I went to the Notary Public next to the Dubai Courts and they were completely frigging useless. I sat there for 1.5 hours while I watched the lady chat away on her mobile, text endlessly and chat to her colleagues. She managed to process 2 applications in 30 mins. When I asked her how much longer she would be before she would reach my number (there were another eight in front of me) she practically hissed at me!

When she finally decided to ignore her phone she moved through the queue quite quickly. I was elated when she finally called my number only to be crestfallen when she told me she could not certify any of the documents

She told me that I needed to take each document back to where it was issued, say with a passport, I would take it to my embassy; bank statement had to be taken to the bank to be certified etc.

All in all, not a very productive day :curse:

So, if you ever want anything certified don't waste your time going to the Notary Public ... just go straight to Berry Associates.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I am a notary ... pop in and I will stamp and sign them ...