Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

get fired or resign!?..advice please!!

get fired or resign!?..advice please!!

Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

jamesdcooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default get fired or resign!?..advice please!!

ok so Im not happy in my current job as its not what they said it was before I left the UK. I am waiting to be terminated..

I have heard that if I resign I will get a Labor Ban, however if they terminate my contract then I would get a certain amount of pay plus wouldnt get a labor ban.. is that correct??

please help.. running out of time and I dont want to go home!!

Thanks

James
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: get fired or resign!?..advice please!!

Originally Posted by jamesdcooper
ok so Im not happy in my current job as its not what they said it was before I left the UK. I am waiting to be terminated..

I have heard that if I resign I will get a Labor Ban, however if they terminate my contract then I would get a certain amount of pay plus wouldnt get a labor ban.. is that correct??

please help.. running out of time and I dont want to go home!!

Thanks

James
Forget all the crap, if you want to stay start looking, spk to some recruitment consultants
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Forget all the crap, if you want to stay start looking, spk to some recruitment consultants
That doesn't answer his question...............

Always better to engineer the push if you can. Used to have a stigma attached to it but in an era of mass and frequent redundancies that is no longer the case.

If they fire you they CANNOT prevent you from taking another job but be aware of who your sponsor is - others on The Bored will have more to say on that.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes let them terminate you contract, you end up with more money this way as well. How long you been with them? Immigration can enforce a ban if it is less than 1 year
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

jamesdcooper is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still in my probation period but they have already stamped my passport. I have been with them 2 months..if I get a Labor Ban for say 6 months could I go work in a Free Zone?

thanks
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

I am still in my probation period but they have already stamped my passport. I have been with them 2 months..if I get a Labor Ban for say 6 months could I go work in a Free Zone?

thanks
Isnt it in your contract that either side can terminate the contract during the probabtion period?

I have wondered about his actually, you have a 6 months probabtion but you have to go on their sponsorship..... if thats the case how do you leave during your probabtion?!

All a bit bloody strange - then again this is the UAE!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

Probation period can be broken with one weeks notice, you will receive a Labor ban however this is not applicable if you then go to work in a Free Zone Entity.