GBP Bank A/cs

Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:19 am
  #1  
Its all good
Thread Starter
 
Fairydust's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,650
Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default GBP Bank A/cs

I did a search and see that its possible to open a GBP bank a/c here in Dubai - not interested in an offshore a/c as its for my daughter and she doesn't have the minimum balance. Do these a/cs offer an ATM card or are they purely savings a/cs. Do all banks offer these a/cs? Any help would be great. Thanks
Fairydust is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:00 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,287
admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GBP Bank A/cs

Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
I did a search and see that its possible to open a GBP bank a/c here in Dubai - not interested in an offshore a/c as its for my daughter and she doesn't have the minimum balance. Do these a/cs offer an ATM card or are they purely savings a/cs. Do all banks offer these a/cs? Any help would be great. Thanks
sure I'll be corrected..

generally they are savings accounts for transfers only. If you try to put gbp into those accounts, some banks will accept it (grudgingly), some banks will demand that it is put into a dhs account first after being 'exchanged' before being transferred to the gbp account.
I haven't heard of foreign currency account here where you can get cards in that currency, don't think it's possible.

Lloyds and HSBC offer gbp accounts for sure
admon is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:12 am
  #3  
Its all good
Thread Starter
 
Fairydust's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,650
Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GBP Bank A/cs

Originally Posted by admon View Post
sure I'll be corrected..

generally they are savings accounts for transfers only. If you try to put gbp into those accounts, some banks will accept it (grudgingly), some banks will demand that it is put into a dhs account first after being 'exchanged' before being transferred to the gbp account.
I haven't heard of foreign currency account here where you can get cards in that currency, don't think it's possible.

Lloyds and HSBC offer gbp accounts for sure
ok so any idea of what other options there are? Shes got about 5k in an offshore a/c but that is now costing GBP 20 per month as under 25k balance, and a small amount in a First Direct a/c but that is also attracting fees as no salary paid in!! Its a bloody nightmare what are you supposed to do with this money!!
Fairydust is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:26 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,287
admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GBP Bank A/cs

Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
ok so any idea of what other options there are? Shes got about 5k in an offshore a/c but that is now costing GBP 20 per month as under 25k balance, and a small amount in a First Direct a/c but that is also attracting fees as no salary paid in!! Its a bloody nightmare what are you supposed to do with this money!!
I think you will face monthly fees here for most accounts if the balance is under aed10k
admon is offline  
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:46 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 122
Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice
Default Re: GBP Bank A/cs

NBAD Ladies Account has no minimum balance.
Mischief Queen is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.