Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all
Default Re: Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Originally Posted by maranelloman
Im thinking about it from both sides. The religion there does not tolerate gays, and I dont want him to think it would be accepted. On the other side I dont agree with being gay and it is forbidden in Islam, so I wouldnt want someone who is to go to a muslim country.
Thank you for your kind advise, Tell me alcohol is forbidden in a muslim country too? so why do muslims drink? You are really making me laugh, a gay man should not come to a muslim country just because his different?

Well please my friend explain this one to me ... I'm not white... I'm light brown, I'm a proud Muslim, I'm fasting for the whole month, I'm praying 5 times a day, my parents are from Pakistan, I give Zakat etc

Now please do let me know which country should I belong too? You narrow minded people give Islam a bad name (I'm not saying you are a muslim). You might not like what I get upto with another male, but I wasn't given a choice. I was born this way... (I don't care what studies say). What I do in the private of my room, house or even my life is upto me and the only one that can judge is God.

So in your mind my friend I should be shot to death as, I shouldn't go to a muslim country and some western countries don't like muslims or gays... So explain to me what should a brown skin, muslim, gay person do?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:54 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonguy28
Thank you for your kind advise, Tell me alcohol is forbidden in a muslim country too? so why do muslims drink? You are really making me laugh, a gay man should not come to a muslim country just because his different?

Well please my friend explain this one to me ... I'm not white... I'm light brown, I'm a proud Muslim, I'm fasting for the whole month, I'm praying 5 times a day, my parents are from Pakistan, I give Zakat etc

Now please do let me know which country should I belong too? You narrow minded people give Islam a bad name (I'm not saying you are a muslim). You might not like what I get upto with another male, but I wasn't given a choice. I was born this way... (I don't care what studies say). What I do in the private of my room, house or even my life is upto me and the only one that can judge is God.

So in your mind my friend I should be shot to death as, I shouldn't go to a muslim country and some western countries don't like muslims or gays... So explain to me what should a brown skin, muslim, gay person do?
don't hold your breath for an answer that is of any use to you...
you are who you are and that is good enough...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

As I said before, you could always try Iran....... this just in from Reuters.....

14:12 02Oct07 RTRS-FACTBOX-Situation for homosexuals in Iran
Oct 2 (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said
in New York last week that there were no gays in the Islamic
Republic.
"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," he
said in response to a question at Columbia University on Sept.
24. "In Iran we don't have this phenomenon."
Some facts about homosexuals and legislation in Iran:

* Islamic law prescribes the death penalty for adults
committing homosexual acts, even though in practice gays are
normally tolerated by the authorities.
* Iranian officials rarely discuss homosexuality openly
except as a sign of decadence in the West.
* Lavat (sexual intercourse between males) is punishable by
execution. Tafkhiz (non-penetrative 'foreplay' between men) is
punishable by 100 lashes for each partner.
* Human Rights Watch (HRW) said in May that the last person
known "with reasonable certainty" to have been sentenced to
execution in Iran for consensual homosexual conduct was in 2005.
But it did not know if the sentence had been carried out.
* Iran's penal code says sodomy is proven if the accused man
confesses four times to the act or if four "righteous men"
testify that they have witnessed it. But the HRW also said the
judge can circumvent these strict requirements.
(Sources: Reuters, Human Rights Watch)
((Editing by Stephen Weeks; Tehran newsroom, tel: +98 21 88 20
8771, [email protected]))

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

OK point by point.

Alcohol is forbidden and should stay so. Should it be available to non-muslims? Debatable, but certainly should not be available to muslims.

Cant argue with you there. Unless you expected me to..

Now please do let me know which country should I belong too? You narrow minded people give Islam a bad name (I'm not saying you are a muslim).
I am a muslim, but thanks for not making the assumption. Which country should you belong to is up to you. But I stand by what i said. In Islam homosexuality is a religious issue, and a social one. Since society is made up of people, on a personal level i would not like to see homosexuals practicing in muslim lands.

You might not like what I get upto with another male, but I wasn't given a choice. I was born this way... (I don't care what studies say).
Simple thing for you to think about. Take two identical twins. Biologically and genetically identical. One might be gay and the other straight. If you were born gay how can you explain that? Its got nothing to do with the genes and everything to do with choice. I'll probably hear you all cry out, but its like pedophiles. If you ask them they will say very similar things that our gay friend will say, that they cant help it. Really? are choices that hard to make?

What I do in the private of my room, house or even my life is upto me and the only one that can judge is God.
Im very surprised you have said that. As a muslim you should know that Islam is not a religion to be practiced in the bedroom. Every aspect of life has been defined in the Quran. You say only god can judge but you are wrong for two reasons. Firstly because the judgement on the matter has already been made and is in the Quran. Secondly man is given the ability to judge based on the Quran. You might as well say that I'll steal and let god judge if im right or wrong.

So in your mind my friend I should be shot to death as, I shouldn't go to a muslim country and some western countries don't like muslims or gays... So explain to me what should a brown skin, Muslim, gay person do?
Like I said. Its up to you. I have no sympathy for you as you have made your choice. I dont think you should be shot to death. If I did I would do that myself. I just dont like the idea of a gay person, pedophile, rapist, murder, or anyone else like that going to a muslim country. You see in Islam these are all seen from the same view point. The confusion comes because Islam is not applied in full.

I worked in a company a few years back and there was a guy who was moving to a Bank i had worked for in Saudi. Before he left I found out he had a pedophilic record from abroad. I managed to confirm this and then let the Saudi bank know. His visa was canceled.

I wish you luck, and prey we are all forgiven for our sins.

Last edited by maranelloman; Oct 2nd 2007 at 4:35 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

gay person, pedophile, rapist, murder

Blimey Maranello - that's a pretty awful list of horrible criminals you have there......

Last edited by The Dean; Oct 2nd 2007 at 5:42 pm. Reason: typo
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dean
gay person, pedophile, rapist, murder

Blimey Maranello - that's a pretty awful list of horrible criminals you have there......
Lol Dean. The thing in Islam all the above would be committing a crime. You cant pick and choose which bits you want. You either accept it all or not.

Last edited by maranelloman; Oct 2nd 2007 at 6:09 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lol Dean. The thing in Islam all the above would be committing a crime. You cant pick and choose which bits you want. You either accept it all or not.
I wasn't talking about an Islamic attitude. I was talking about YOUR attitude.....
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
I wasn't talking about an Islamic attitude. I was talking about YOUR attitude.....
Which is governed by my belief in the religion. It might not be popular in todays society but the Islamic ruling on the matter is quite clear. If I agree on the matter its not down to my attitude but my belief.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all

OK point by point.

Alcohol is forbidden and should stay so. Should it be available to non-muslims? Debatable, but certainly should not be available to muslims.

Cant argue with you there. Unless you expected me to..

I am a muslim, but thanks for not making the assumption. Which country should you belong to is up to you. But I stand by what i said. In Islam homosexuality is a religious issue, and a social one. Since society is made up of people, on a personal level i would not like to see homosexuals practicing in muslim lands.

Simple thing for you to think about. Take two identical twins. Biologically and genetically identical. One might be gay and the other straight. If you were born gay how can you explain that? Its got nothing to do with the genes and everything to do with choice. I'll probably hear you all cry out, but its like pedophiles. If you ask them they will say very similar things that our gay friend will say, that they cant help it. Really? are choices that hard to make?

Im very surprised you have said that. As a muslim you should know that Islam is not a religion to be practiced in the bedroom. Every aspect of life has been defined in the Quran. You say only god can judge but you are wrong for two reasons. Firstly because the judgement on the matter has already been made and is in the Quran. Secondly man is given the ability to judge based on the Quran. You might as well say that I'll steal and let god judge if im right or wrong.

Like I said. Its up to you. I have no sympathy for you as you have made your choice. I dont think you should be shot to death. If I did I would do that myself. I just dont like the idea of a gay person, pedophile, rapist, murder, or anyone else like that going to a muslim country. You see in Islam these are all seen from the same view point. The confusion comes because Islam is not applied in full.

I worked in a company a few years back and there was a guy who was moving to a Bank i had worked for in Saudi. Before he left I found out he had a pedophilic record from abroad. I managed to confirm this and then let the Saudi bank know. His visa was canceled.

I wish you luck, and prey we are all forgiven for our sins.
LOL, Your type of muslim people make my laugh. How dare you class me with pedophile, rapist, murder. Who do you think you are. DO YOU KNOW ANY GAY PEOPLE.

Your type of people give Islam a bad name. You say "Firstly because the judgement on the matter has already been made and is in the Quran" why do you muslims pick and choice what you like and dislike from the Quran? Is not the Quran clear on the punishment of drinking? on beating your wife? Asking her permission before you re-married? Stealing? and judging anyone?

I know I am a sinner and I will be the first one to stand up and say I am a sinner for being gay and other things. But what about your type of muslims? You will drink, look at women, go clubbing and do haram and then stand there with your stones as if you have never sinned and will cast the first stone... lol

Why have you as a Muslim allowed alcohol in Dubai? even better why have you allowed non-muslims in a muslim country? You lot are just two faced...

About me being gay is to do with genes... Take two identical twins. Biologically and genetically identical. One might be disabled and the other normal. If you were born disabled how can you explain that? Has this got nothing to do with the genes and everything to do with choice?

You cover your women from head to toe, but will go and see a belly dancing girl with hardly anything on... This must be in the Quran too? NO IT'S NOT IT'S A SIN........

I wouldn't like to live in a country where people like you live, but i will come to Dubai, just to piss your type of people off. Your just a waist of time to speak with. Good bye and thank you.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Makes a change for a WASP to sit and munch popcorn while two "minorities" slug it out.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:16 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Makes a change for a WASP to sit and munch popcorn while two "minorities" slug it out.
All we need is a terrorist and we'll have one of them fat wats
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Which is governed by my belief in the religion. It might not be popular in todays society but the Islamic ruling on the matter is quite clear. If I agree on the matter its not down to my attitude but my belief.
Next it will be kill all the infidels from you as well....

What a low-life ...
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

If you were born gay how can you explain that? Its got nothing to do with the genes and everything to do with choice. I'll probably hear you all cry out, but its like pedophiles. If you ask them they will say very similar things that our gay friend will say, that they cant help it. Really? are choices that hard to make?
omg, this is out of the ark...being gay isn't a lifestyle choice, it's how people are born...i live in hope that one day you will wake up and see the light...

MM, xx
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
omg, this is out of the ark...being gay isn't a lifestyle choice, it's how people are born...i live in hope that one day you will wake up and see the light...

MM, xx
MM, I don't think Maranelloman could get his head out of the ark...such a shame that this attitude still exsists.

Come's down to that ongoing argument nature v nurture
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to a non medieval Muslim
http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.a...1050wmv&ak=nul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.