Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Originally Posted by londonguy28
HI I'm a 28yrs old gay guy moving to dubai at the end of October from London. I'm looking for it all... A job and a gay houseshare.

Can someone help me on where I can look for a gay house share. OR a one bed apartment but not to pay the whole years rent in advance? Is all the apartments on year advance rent?

Also is it better to move to dubai and then look for a job?

Thanks

Hopelessly in London
There are gay houses in Dubai???Hmmm...Learn something new each day and apply it to my everyday life,then...
I have a friend who cottages,but,he's in Sharjah...And he's 48,and recently had botox on his forehead...You know the type; blooming diva that he is...
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

HI I'm a 28yrs old gay guy moving to dubai at the end of October from London. I'm looking for it all... A job and a gay houseshare.

Can someone help me on where I can look for a gay houseshare. OR a one bed apartment but not to pay the whole years rent in advance? Is all the apartments on year advance rent?

Thanks

Hopelessly in London
We have many many posters on here who celebrate the lifestyle,and they really don't want their names mentioned, especially Mythic,Insellafen,The Dean,Oktoberon,Decepticon,Goldorak,Cham,Zammbboka, Shake your punany,Jvr2020cricketchampion,and,last but not first,yours truly...
But,unfortunately,if you perform a search for the username "yours truly", chances are you may not even find it...Strange,I know...
Anyway,enough about us...Tell me,what are you wearing???
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Why not go to Iran? According to their nice Mr President at Columbia University yesterday, there aren't any homosexuals there...... you'd be unique, you'd get all the media attention, and the liberal-minded ethos of the place would make you feel most welcome.........

More seriously........... just do it...... as you have already discovered about Dubai, it's a good place to live. I'm in Riyadh, where an openly gay scene is not only tolerated, but positively encouraged. Dubai is a bit more conservative, but you'll be fine.............

By the way.......... just don't mention the gay thing. It's not that it's a problem...... it's just that it's not relevant. You'll mingle mostly with an expat crowd anyway, and in my experience they don't give a toss....... as it were.......
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
Why not go to Iran? According to their nice Mr President at Columbia University yesterday, there aren't any homosexuals there...... you'd be unique, you'd get all the media attention, and the liberal-minded ethos of the place would make you feel most welcome.........

More seriously........... just do it...... as you have already discovered about Dubai, it's a good place to live. I'm in Riyadh, where an openly gay scene is not only tolerated, but positively encouraged. Dubai is a bit more conservative, but you'll be fine.............

By the way.......... just don't mention the gay thing. It's not that it's a problem...... it's just that it's not relevant. You'll mingle mostly with an expat crowd anyway, and in my experience they don't give a toss....... as it were.......
Aye...Brotherly love...Onwards and upwards...Henceforth and forthwith...
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Aye...Brotherly love...Onwards and upwards...Henceforth and forthwith...

hey stranger, might be out your way in a few days time!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lexylou
hey stranger, might be out your way in a few days time!
No airport will be ready and large enough to accomodate your clan...
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
No airport will be ready and large enough to accomodate your clan...
ha.... there will only be three of us and I am not that big really....
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:30 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone help me on where I can look for a gay houseshare. OR a one bed apartment but not to pay the whole years rent in advance? Is all the apartments on year advance rent?

Thanks

Hopelessly in London
I can introduce you to some guys... and help you get a job
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
I hope Im not one of those guys Beebs!! I know you are still looking for revenge
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nic1
I would suggest you get a job before going to Dubai - it is an expensive place to live with no money coming in. I would have thought that any reputable company who seriously wants to interview you would pay the air fare ? There are a few B&Bs springing up in Dubai that are cheaper than the better hotels - but you will probably be able to find a few flea pits cheaper than them even!!

Good luck
that's easier said that done my friend... it would be easier to apply when you're out there as some agencies when they realise you're not in dubai just can't be arsed with the hassle.

I have a gay friend that wanted to move to dubai... but like you he was worried about living with people uncomfortable with it and basically decided on going to the states instead... if he changes his mind i'll let you know
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all

Hi there How can you help me with a job?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there How can you help me with a job?
Send BB a personal message & I'm sure she will help - she is in the same line of work as you.

Also, you may want to be a little cautious in advertising your gender-preference publicly - even on a forum like this. Like co-habitation (even with a partner of the opposite sex), the UAE has very illiberal laws prejudicial to gay people and if you do move here you will need to practice a fair amount of discretion.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all

Thanks for the advise. I will keep in under control. How can I send BB a personal reply?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BB, How can you help me, I would be very grateful if you could help me please
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advise. I will keep in under control. How can I send BB a personal reply?
you need to have posted on the forum at least 5 times before you can send a PM. The PM link is in the upper left of your window.

Good luck with everything, mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.