Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all
Smile Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

HI I'm a 28yrs old gay guy moving to dubai at the end of October from London. I'm looking for it all... A job and a gay houseshare.

Can someone help me on where I can look for a gay houseshare. OR a one bed apartment but not to pay the whole years rent in advance? Is all the apartments on year advance rent?

Also is it better to move to dubai and then look for a job?

Thanks

Hopelessly in London
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:55 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

Originally Posted by londonguy28
HI I'm a 28yrs old gay guy moving to dubai at the end of October from London. I'm looking for it all... A job and a gay houseshare.

Can someone help me on where I can look for a gay houseshare. OR a one bed apartment but not to pay the whole years rent in advance? Is all the apartments on year advance rent?

Also is it better to move to dubai and then look for a job?

Thanks

Hopelessly in London
Why do you just want gay houseshare? You may struggle. Dubai is not like London or Brighton where you can slot right in to a gay community. There are gay people here but it is not a big scene. At least I think so, but I think some of the guys on here can set you on the right path

It is better to try and get a job before you get here unless money is not an object and you have funds to keep you going for a few months.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

londonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to alllondonguy28 is a name known to all

No I just don't want a gay house share, but I don't want my house mates to feel uncomfortable. (Some do)

I don't have that much money to keep me going for months, but I have applied for a few jobs and they want to see me for an interview, but again with this I will be spending too much money on flighs just for interviews.

Is it hard for British people not speaking Arabic to get jobs quickly?

Helpless in London
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

No I just don't want a gay house share, but I don't want my house mates to feel uncomfortable. (Some do)

I don't have that much money to keep me going for months, but I have applied for a few jobs and they want to see me for an interview, but again with this I will be spending too much money on flighs just for interviews.

Helpless in London
what do you do / what sort of job are you looking for?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:04 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Helpless in London
You can probably get work easily. You don't need to worry about speaking Arabic. Everyone speaks English. Some companies do require Arabic, depends on the role but you don't need to worry.

Some folks on here may be able to give advice on the living arrangements.

What field are you in? Some people turn up and find work very quickly.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Please don't laugh but I work as a estate agent (real estate) in London (a honest one) lol

I have been a call centre manager for a US company in London.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:10 pm
Banned

Please don't laugh but I work as a estate agent (real estate) in London (a honest one) lol

I have been a call centre manager for a US company in London.
What companies have you approached here? I think it would be hard to get a decent job in that field as there are so many crooks in the business here.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Oh God, that's what I didn't want to hear... I have sent my CV's to employment agents.

Also while hunting for a place to stay spoken to the agent who might be able to help.... but might is a big word....
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:16 pm
Banned

Oh God, that's what I didn't want to hear... I have sent my CV's to employment agents.

Also while hunting for a place to stay spoken to the agent who might be able to help.... but might is a big word....
It may be better to approach the estate agents direct. I don't know if there is a particular recruitment company that recruits for estate agents.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:17 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

why Dubai...San Fransisco is supposed to be nice as well
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yes that seems to be my best bit but again they want to interview me... So if I come to dubai I want to have a place to stay and not pay hotel bills.

Is all the places in Dubai have to be paid year advance rent?

SFO is nice, but I like dubai and everyone here is talking about the money you can make and for the USA I will need to get green card and it's too much red tape. Plus you need to know someone there.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:23 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that seems to be my best bit but again they want to interview me... So if I come to dubai I want to have a place to stay and not pay hotel bills.

Is all the places in Dubai have to be paid year advance rent?

SFO is nice, but I like dubai and everyone here is talking about the money you can make and for the USA I will need to get green card and it's too much red tape. Plus you need to know someone there.
It's not going to be easy here either you know...it's getting more and more expensive...have you ever visited?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I was in Dubai about 2 years ago but only for a visit for a week and loved it.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Gay guy moving from London to Dubai

I know I might be mad, but I want to do something with my life before I get to old, and England (which I love) only fault with it is the weather.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you get a job before going to Dubai - it is an expensive place to live with no money coming in. I would have thought that any reputable company who seriously wants to interview you would pay the air fare ? There are a few B&Bs springing up in Dubai that are cheaper than the better hotels - but you will probably be able to find a few flea pits cheaper than them even!!

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.