Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Garage reputations

Garage reputations

Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Garage reputations

At the risk of gaing some actual useful information from the bored....

Has anyone heard of or used either pal auto garage or dynatrade?
Need to get the wifes pajero repaired after a minor fender bender and want to get a service done at the same time and as the vehicle is now too old main dealer repair is no longer an option on the insurance. These two are the choice I have been given, both look an equal ball ache to find and dump a car at but if they have shoddy reputations I'll get the service done elsewhere
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garage reputations

Originally Posted by shiva
At the risk of gaing some actual useful information from the bored....

Has anyone heard of or used either pal auto garage or dynatrade?
Need to get the wifes pajero repaired after a minor fender bender and want to get a service done at the same time and as the vehicle is now too old main dealer repair is no longer an option on the insurance. These two are the choice I have been given, both look an equal ball ache to find and dump a car at but if they have shoddy reputations I'll get the service done elsewhere
Dynatrade is a good work shop in my view. I use them all the time.

I also believe that Al Fattain use them as a spillover shop for some of their 'agency' work on the Toyotas. Dynatrade also do a grey import line of new toyotas. They rebuilt the front of our 'tuna when the misses wreaked it and I have used them for servicing since (on the Fortuner and the Pajero). No complaints really (although I didn't accept their repair job but they sorted it all out). No real grief with them.

Dynatrade Al Quoz is easy to find - it is directly behind the islamic metro station - about 400m back. I may even have the GPS co-ordinates if you need them.

Dynatrade Al Rashidya is also pretty easy to find too (although never used that one).
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:18 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

**** it dynatrade it is, chances are if you've used it more than once and they haven't shafted your car yet they are probably no worse than any others
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

**** it dynatrade it is, chances are if you've used it more than once and they haven't shafted your car yet they are probably no worse than any others
yeh, I don't want to be seen as recommending a garage here as I'm sure you will understand. But I've used them several times... in AD and Dubai. The Al Quoz shop is very civilized.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

Perfectly understand. The general level of dis service and shoddy workmanship in garages here seldom fails to disappoint
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perfectly understand. The general level of dis service and shoddy workmanship in garages here seldom fails to disappoint
exactly. I rolled my Pajero at the weekend and am currently praying it doesn't come back for these exact reasons.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:33 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Millhouse
exactly. I rolled my Pajero at the weekend and am currently praying it doesn't come back for these exact reasons.
did the same a few years ago, habtoor and axa ended up writing it off.....after first explaining they would remove everything above the door handles and weld a new top on!
Check your insured value, they are very good at dropping it too far below market rate after about 3 yrs of ownership

ps, oh and welcome to the club....."riders of the desert tumble dryer" .....horrible horrible sounds as it happens

Last edited by shiva; Apr 16th 2012 at 7:35 am. Reason: added ps
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

did the same a few years ago, habtoor and axa ended up writing it off.....after first explaining they would remove everything above the door handles and weld a new top on!
Check your insured value, they are very good at dropping it too far below market rate after about 3 yrs of ownership

ps, oh and welcome to the club....."riders of the desert tumble dryer" .....horrible horrible sounds as it happens
This is good news. I'm pretty certain that they will write it off and screw me on the value. It's was only insured for 30k Dh as it was a 2005 SWB that I'd thrashed in the desert. Cleaner ones are on dubizzle for 35-38k

Mine wasn't a full roll, just a 90o with me doing a jukes of hazard out of the passenger window afterwards. It didn't restart afterwards (something jammed) so I live in hope.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

This is good news. I'm pretty certain that they will write it off and screw me on the value. It's was only insured for 30k Dh as it was a 2005 SWB that I'd thrashed in the desert. Cleaner ones are on dubizzle for 35-38k

Mine wasn't a full roll, just a 90o with me doing a jukes of hazard out of the passenger window afterwards. It didn't restart afterwards (something jammed) so I live in hope.
You're a ****ing lad.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Dynatrade is a good work shop in my view. I use them all the time.

I also believe that Al Fattain use them as a spillover shop for some of their 'agency' work on the Toyotas. Dynatrade also do a grey import line of new toyotas. They rebuilt the front of our 'tuna when the misses wreaked it and I have used them for servicing since (on the Fortuner and the Pajero). No complaints really (although I didn't accept their repair job but they sorted it all out). No real grief with them.

Dynatrade Al Quoz is easy to find - it is directly behind the islamic metro station - about 400m back. I may even have the GPS co-ordinates if you need them.

Dynatrade Al Rashidya is also pretty easy to find too (although never used that one).

Millhouse. How do you find the Fortuner? I have the option to swap my RAV4 for a new Fortuner 2.7L for next to nothing.
Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Millhouse. How do you find the Fortuner? I have the option to swap my RAV4 for a new Fortuner 2.7L for next to nothing.
Thanks
I have the 4.0ltr and love it as it is so over powered. I can't imagine the 2.7l ones are very nice to drive though as it is quite a big car.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

Sorry we'll have to withdraw the offer of club membership then, on the plus side the final nail in mine was the engine wouldnt restart either
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I have the 4.0ltr and love it as it is so over powered. I can't imagine the 2.7l ones are very nice to drive though as it is quite a big car.
That's my concern. I'd better test one first. Ta.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

That's my concern. I'd better test one first. Ta.
Test drive both the 2.7 and 4.0 Meow. The 2.7 is truly awful, I drive one as a company car. The 4.0 is much more refined. The suspension will definitely throw you about more than a Rav 4

The new Fortuner is a tart up job only but I do like the big display on the new 4.0 I have driven
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thanks
Get a Hummer H2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.