British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   FYI Marina Mums FB group (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/fyi-marina-mums-fb-group-727134/)

Hello.Kitty Aug 2nd 2011 8:44 am

FYI Marina Mums FB group

Just to let you know - if you were one of the 850 members of this mother and toddler group - that it's been archived/ deleted without warning by Facebook (apparently loads of others have suffered the same fate as part of the upgrade).

The founder has created a Facebook page to replace it. Again, if you were part of the group, please "like" the page and spread the word... it's a fantastic, active group and this f***-up sucks beyond belief.

Blue Cat Aug 2nd 2011 10:50 am

Re: FYI Marina Mums FB group

would they be interested in House of COlour coming along to give a short talk about colour analysis?

Hello.Kitty Aug 2nd 2011 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9532783)
would they be interested in House of COlour coming along to give a short talk about colour analysis?

Almost certainly! I'd let the page grow a bit first but do contact the founder. She's absolutely gutted that she's lost her 850-strong contact list, but it should build up quite quickly.

I think things will kick off again from September - they do weekly activities for pre-schoolers on a Thursday pm that are really well organised and always different (she often gets small businesses to "host" - I did the Easter one making Easter Nests)... but she also does the occasional coffee morning with more of a mum focus.

Millhouse Aug 2nd 2011 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9532783)

Let me summarize the analysis:

"You have ginger hair: wear green and tartan"
"You have dark hair and blue eyes: wear what you like but black and white is nice"
"You are a black female: wear orange or any bright colour"
"You are a black male: wear white suits - make everyone else jealous that only you can do this"
"You are blonde: wear light pastel colours and flowing dresses"

Not bloody rocket science is it? Do people really pay for this stereotype analysis?

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 2nd 2011 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9532870)

"You have dark hair and blue eyes: wear what you like but black and white is nice"
"You are a black male: wear white suits - make everyone else jealous that only you can do this"

Not bloody rocket science is it? Do people really pay for this stereotype analysis?

My old dear, sister and gran have all done this at quite some expense...then the only place that sells clothes in the exact shade's that suit you is....you've guessed it. The same bint.

Great money spinner though

Blue Cat Aug 2nd 2011 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9532870)

not quite but anyway ...

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9532911)
My old dear, sister and gran have all done this at quite some expense...then the only place that sells clothes in the exact shade's that suit you is....you've guessed it. The same bint.

Great money spinner though

well then they have been wrongly advised, all shops sell coloured clothes, you just make sure you buy the colour that suits you, it's not rocket science

The Dean Aug 3rd 2011 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9533023)
not quite but anyway ...

well then they have been wrongly advised, all shops sell coloured clothes, you just make sure you buy the colour that suits you, it's not rocket science

Which shops can I go to if I want to buy dull, uninteresting colours to suit me?

Blue Cat Aug 3rd 2011 7:55 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9534478)
Which shops can I go to if I want to buy dull, uninteresting colours to suit me?

Marks and Spencers ;)